I can not upgrade using any method. The damm Nokia Software Updater is hanging there whenever i opened..so f***king annoying.

I did not upgrade to 1.1

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
No, you can go from any firmware to version 1.2

So how the hell am I supposed to upgrade now?? The Nokia Software Updater just hanging there. And I don't have enough rootf space to upgrade. The system keep asking me to use the PC to upgrade.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
So how the hell am I supposed to upgrade now?? The Nokia Software Updater just hanging there. And I don't have enough rootf space to upgrade. The system keep asking me to use the PC to upgrade.
delete some apps.. disable extra-testing and extra devel.... then check agin ur free rootfs.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal

I don't understand why the **** this Nokia Software Updater just hang there. What the hell is this shyt!! I have Wins 7. This bullshyt should not have happened if they have dedicated people taking care of compatibility. That's why i am through with Nokia when iPhone 4.0 come out!!!

And all this rootf space shyt that you have to maintain is ****ing annoying too.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Search the boards... Windows 7 seems to be a problem for a lot of folks.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I'd just go with flasher-3.5 instead http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware - it's 100x more reliable than Nokia Software Updater; just be sure to read the wiki closely and be careful.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)