Took your advice and read through some of the older posts with "New N900" Ebay experiences. Guess I better wait it out for a decent used N900, then. At least, I have my beat-up N900 to play with, till I find one.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I have two N900s that I bought new a long time ago. I bought two because I love the N900 and want to be sure to continue to have one if one of them dies. I bought the first one on December of 2009 and the second one on February of 2011. The first one at one point develop the dreaded problem of the loose USB port. However, through my SquareTrade warranty it was taken care of and never had a problem since. I have always used a metal case, so neither of the phones has any dents or scratches. But I don't believe in using screen protectors. So although I wouldn't say their screens are pristine, I don't have any scratches on them that I can see in normal use. Sure, if the screen is off and at the right angle I can see some very minor hair scratches but I have to struggle to see them. So in summary, I can guaranty that my N900s are in great condition.

So, why am I writing all this. Well, only because I see that there are several of you interested in having one, and maybe, just maybe, I may be temped to let one of my N900s go. Please note, I am not actively selling them. And I really don't want to sell them (so I have no price set for them), but if you want one bad enough, you are welcome to try and entice me.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2014-04-28 at 15:23.

rm42: So, if you don't mind shipping it within the USA, I'm fairly desperate to get hold of a N900 myself. Afraid I don't live in the States, but can arrange to get it shipped to me. I do already have access to a N900 (with a faulty screen and a fairly bad shape overall), and would love one in a better condition.

P.S.: Awkward to post this here in the open, but I believe I'm too new here to send personal posts.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by codelad View Post
... I do already have access to a N900 (with a faulty screen and a fairly bad shape overall
That screen may well be replaceable with an acceptable quality one - somewhere someone posted a link to a touch screen that they liked. Assuming it is the touchscreen.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by codelad View Post
rm42: So, if you don't mind shipping it within the USA, I'm fairly desperate to get hold of a N900 myself. Afraid I don't live in the States, but can arrange to get it shipped to me. I do already have access to a N900 (with a faulty screen and a fairly bad shape overall), and would love one in a better condition.

P.S.: Awkward to post this here in the open, but I believe I'm too new here to send personal posts.
Shipping within the US is no problem since that is where I live. Look, take your time. Look around. Make a few posts. And when you are ready, if you are still interested, send me a PM with your offer. I can't promise that I will accept it, but we'll see.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Shipping within the US is no problem since that is where I live. Look, take your time. Look around. Make a few posts. And when you are ready, if you are still interested, send me a PM with your offer. I can't promise that I will accept it, but we'll see.
Fair enough. To be honest, I'm fairly new to the N900 game and still trying to find my way around these forums and the wiki, helpful as they have been already. Will hopefully take you up on the offer again, some day. :-)

handaxe: It is indeed the touchscreen. It's still usable but the response is patchy and not consistent through the screen. Couldn't find anything yet on the forum, but remember a replacement from Ebay.de recommended somewhere. Will have to look again harder.