This may be of interest.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Anyone checked out the Sony VAIO P - 2nd gen. Lifestyle netbook? I believe it still is a decent machine and runs 15.04/10 Ubuntu MATE like a charm ...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beobachter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
Just intensely curious - about your 12000mah battery,
size and weight ? what make and model ?
Thanks
Here's the Amazon description: "Jackery Giant+ Dual USB Portable Battery Charger & External Battery Pack for iPhone, iPad, Galaxy, and Android Smart Devices - 12,000 mAh (Orange)"

and the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Jackery-Portab.../dp/B00AANQLRI

4.3 x 3.1 x 0.8 inches; Weight: 10.4 ounce

It works well, and seems to be an honest 12,000 mAH, but I have no reason to believe it's better than any of many other similar products on the market.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
And another one but this time with the desktop edition of Ubuntu but running on a tablet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Pickins are pretty slim for what OP wants but, if you are willing to use an android phone the following app will let you run a lot of handy commands I associate with gnu linux based distributions. (convert, ls -ltr, vi, and so on). Root is not needed. One caveat is that it doesn't work on android versions lollipop and Marshmellow. But it works fine on, say, kitkat, and below which is found on many devices. You might consider getting a Note 3 which has pretty good performance and also has a stylus and a big enough screen so that when you use the touch keyboard (use hackers if you want tab and Ctrl C,tab at fingertips) it is roughly equivalent area wise to the N900 with keyboard slid out. It's all open source so feel free to improve!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zshaolin&hl=en

here are some screen shots
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by beobachter View Post
Anyone checked out the Sony VAIO P - 2nd gen. Lifestyle netbook? I believe it still is a decent machine and runs 15.04/10 Ubuntu MATE like a charm ...
Great little thing - had the first version for a few years worked great with xubuntu but also with Windows 7 with just a few tweaks - if it has had a touchscreen I'd never sold it - full working desktop in tablet size ... And don't call it a netbook ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
Great little thing - had the first version for a few years worked great with xubuntu but also with Windows 7 with just a few tweaks - if it has had a touchscreen I'd never sold it - full working desktop in tablet size ... And don't call it a netbook ;-)
Nice! Not quite a hand held but recently I posted having installed ubuntu on my Lenovo X220 Tablet. Was fun to do and I still use it!

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...20&postcount=6

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Did anyone saw this?
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...your-pocket--2

It's a Chinese company (called GPD) who already made some Android handhelds with very good build quality. (www.gpd.hk)

I'm confident with these guys, unlike Jolla, these guys will deliver the mini laptops even if the goal is not reached.

I'm wondering if it's possible to install a linux distro on it.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Indeed a very interesting form factor...

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Did anyone saw this?
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...your-pocket--2
Hmm. I know gaming is their thing but that would be awesome if they just got rid of all the gamepad crap and put a bigger keyboard in there.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:

Tags
f*ck apple, f*ck google, f*ck microsoft, gnu telephony, gnu/linux, linux deploy