Notices

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Hi.

I have prepared a newer OpenVPN package, version 2.1rc19. I would like to know how I can get it included in the maemo downloads page:
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/openvpn/

I had tried contacting the author of the current port, in vain, so I started from the Debian package, kept whatever was reasonable and put together a works-for-me version.

Any tips?

A.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aboaboit For This Useful Post:
Whole process should be explained here http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_Extras

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by aboaboit View Post
Hi.

I have prepared a newer OpenVPN package, version 2.1rc19. I would like to know how I can get it included in the maemo downloads page:
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/openvpn/

I had tried contacting the author of the current port, in vain, so I started from the Debian package, kept whatever was reasonable and put together a works-for-me version.

Any tips?

A.
Can you give us some information on your version and is it available for download? Thanks.

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Can you give us some information on your version and is it available for download? Thanks.
Sure, here is a rundown of the changes:
  • requires libssl0.9.8, not available for Diablo: I rebuilt the Fremantle version with no changes whatsoever and it works fine
  • removed the blacklist dependencies: too big for the device
  • autostart is disabled by default: if a key is password-protected, the device will appear to hang while booting (it is just waiting for the password, in fact, but you can't see it)
  • backup: I added a config entry to backup the whole /etc/openvpn directory (for some reason, the *.key file is skipped... no clue yet)
  • resolveconf: I reworked the debian script with the reasonable assumption that you'll be running 1 vpn at a time on the NIT (there's no resolveconf, gotta cut some corners)

Downloads here:
openvpn_2.1rc19
libssl0.9.8

I will now go through the upload steps.

A.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aboaboit For This Useful Post:
I see that openvpn is updated now. But it cannot be installed because updating libssl is not possible due to Nokia's update system. Also liblzo1 is missing.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I see that openvpn is updated now. But it cannot be installed because updating libssl is not possible due to Nokia's update system. Also liblzo1 is missing.
Hmm, I tried reinstalling openvpn from the gui and I had no problems. I actually have 2 versions of openssl installed, side by side, on my piano keyboard.... no that was Sir Paul, sorry ;-)

Earlier today, the openvpn install file still referenced the older version, while now it points to mine. I have yet to understand how to edit the download page, btw.

Anyhow, what are the exact steps that result in an error for you? Any older version lying around (including dependencies) or clean install?

The Following User Says Thank You to aboaboit For This Useful Post:
Try to install openvpn with application manager.

liblzo1 cannot be installed because it is not in maemo.org Extras repository (liblzo2-2 is)

libssl0.9.8 is locked to 0.9.8e-9maemo3 with osso-software-version-rx34 (or rx44 or rx48). Application manager cannot uninstall osso-software-version-rx34, because it will break automatic update feature.

Last edited by mikkov; 2009-09-03 at 20:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Try to install openvpn with application manager.

liblzo1 (liblzo2-2 is) cannot be installed because it is not in maemo.org Extras repository

libssl0.9.8 is locked to 0.9.8e-9maemo3 with osso-software-version-rx34 (or rx44 or rx48). Application manager cannot uninstall osso-software-version-rx34, because it will break automatic update feature.
I first ran dpkg --force-depends --remove openvpn, then apt-get install openvpn and had no problems. Funny thing is, I also ran the build-dependency checks before uploading and the autobuilder accepted it.

I am at a loss regarding liblzo, I'll have to re-check. I have the "unlocked" variant of osso-software-version, I strongly suspect that is not irrelevant. Thanks for the feedback.

liblzo1 appears to be in chinook extras but not in diablo extras

liblzo1 appears to be in chinook extras but not in diablo extras
That might explain why it installs on my device but the autobuilder should fetch only from diablo's extras.

See here:
https://garage.maemo.org/builder/dia...oot.log.OK.txt