Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
i cant install it.it says that service pack 3 returned an error. send error report and dont send. can i manually doenload and install only the drivers needed. do i need pc suite? or flasher 3.5.. is der anyother way i can flash it?

Of course there is. Download a Live CD, for instance,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_CD

If the latest one does not run for some reason, try an earlier version.
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

After that, follow the wiki-page. Read it once, read it twice, then reflash your device using the Live CD.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
i am a noob. i dont know how to do this with live cd. my N900 drops gsm network suddenly. previously it dint happen. it wont work in windows xp 32bit? i can flash firmware then why not emmc? i cannot install any apps. no back button in media player. i cant even install rootsh or recover boot so that i can solve it any how. or backupmenu to fsck. i am really tensed. i will do it with my friends laptop who has windows 7. will it flash smoothly?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
i am a noob. i dont know how to do this with live cd.
Then read the links I just gave you. If you know how to burn an audio CD, than you're good to go. It's not difficult at all. And being a noob is not what's bad. Not getting better. That's bad.

my N900 drops gsm network suddenly. previously it dint happen.
Installed something bad? Something you didn't know was bad? A patch perhaps?

it wont work in windows xp 32bit?
Dude! I don't know. You yourself said you couldn't get SP3 for XP to work properly and asked if there was another method. I just gave you that: another method.

i can flash firmware then why not emmc?
Have you followed the instructions on the wiki to the letter?

i am really tensed.
Than do yourself a favor and gain knowledge by educating yourself. It's the best gift a man can give himself. *

i will do it with my friends laptop who has windows 7. will it flash smoothly?
All that can be answered by reading the wiki page that I linked you earlier.

Not trying to be or actually being pedant here, but the rewards of gaining full control over your device by knowing how things work, the rewards for that are enormous.

-

* google is your friend

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
i have always flashed my firware image by reading the wiki. i also followed the wiki for emmc. step by step. word to word. but cannot flash.it says suitable device not found.just after that i flashed my firmware agai. while flashing firmware it finds my device then why not during emmc. thats the question.
now i am downloading pcsuite. is that od any good?

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
because when you try to flash phone's emmc, phone then boots in flash mode. When phone starts to load in flash mode then windows installs drivers for it. But in sp2 windows never install drivers successfully but in sp3 it install them without any problem. If you have access to win7 32bit pc then try on it. It also works like a charm.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
tomorrow i will try it on my friends windows 7 but he does not know wether his one is 32bit or 64bit. can u help with the instructions for both 32 and 64 bit. Would help me a lot. and i wont hav access to internet where i will do the flashing so i will have to copy everything. what do i need apart from the vanila fiasco and maemo flasher 3.5

tomorrow i will try it on my friends windows 7 but he does not know wether his one is 32bit or 64bit. can u help with the instructions for both 32 and 64 bit. Would help me a lot. and i wont hav access to internet where i will do the flashing so i will have to copy everything. what do i need apart from the vanila fiasco and maemo flasher 3.5
If the windows is 64 bit , then try this :

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=20

You should download the : libusb-win32-bin-1.2.2.0.zip

The Following User Says Thank You to Virtuality For This Useful Post:
what if its 32 bit? and what files do i need? except the libusb

what if its 32 bit? and what files do i need? except the libusb
If it is 32 bit version, then you don't need any extra files and you don't need the libusb-win32-bin-1.2.2.0.zip. You just need to follow the wiki steps and installations. The wiki steps are made compatible with the 32 bit version. But, the problem is with the 64-bit version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Virtuality For This Useful Post:
successfully flashed both emmc and rootfs with windows 7 32-bit. thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post: