It'll be interesting as the Symbian users and developers transition to Symbian 3. More applications (commerical and individual developers) for Symbian and Meego platforms. So that solves one part of the problem Nokia has.Now they just need to focus on the UI in Symbian and Meego devices.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

In regards to the N8, it's not a "flagship" phone, but it does have Nokia's flagship letter designation... N-series.

stretch.
As a long time Nokia user this statement is the most surprising in here. I have always found the E-series devices to be superior in every way except multi-media to the N-series. They are built of better materials, they have better keyboards/office/gui implementations, etc. I am sure I will be flamed for this post but I have used an E61, E65, N95-3, N800, E75, and N900 so I do have some familiarity with the high-end (at the time) of Nokia's devices. Does Nokia really call the N-series their flagship series (I suppose I don't read marketing literature)? Hmmm....I guess among people who think mobile devices are about entertainment instead of functionality which is totally fair, I am not dissing that.

Having said all that, I am not sure what the OP's point was other than to troll (as has been stated). The N900 is clearly a work in progress for all of us and we stick with it because the ride is more fun than the destination.

Fred

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ffarber For This Useful Post:
Well the N8 looks like a really nice package, especially considering that price. Seems that most of reactions are mainly positive. Just needs a timely actual sales release.

Design features looks promising for the future Maemo/Meego devices as well if they use similar elements (camera,flash,usb OTG,fast graphics,compass.
Of course need bigger resolution screen (and maybe faster processor and bigger battery). And hw keyboard versions as well.

QT support & dev kit are very important as well and point to that "Nokia is getting it".

Also there is a quite a lot of additional information available for the N8 release. For example the information about the camera design at Nokia Conversations (see also the answers in the comments thread by Damian Dinning):

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...-cameraphones/

And some very nice Q&A sessions (with actual answers to most questions):

http://blogs.nokia.com/nseries/2010/...n8-qa-session/
and
http://blogs.nokia.com/nseries/2010/...n8-qa-session/

Would be nice to get that level of communications more often.

In any case I don't personally have a problem with using both Symbian (e71) and N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myrjola For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by tissot View Post

Btw Eldar commented about how many Harmattan/MeeGo devices we will see this year and how will it's hardware compare to N8.

http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...ostcount=18743
Btw, it says on the "Phone" section on the left.. N900, N920..

Hmmm, so it's going to be N920? And does he have that "MeeGo" device? or is it a joke or what?

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
The only thing about N8 that can be said for certain is that it has great camera capabilities. For the rest - we have to wait for a review of the final product. I'm not saying its going to be good or bad, I'm saying that at this point, we just don't know. I almost have a feeling lot of people here *want* N8 to fail so they could whine some more about Nokia, PR1.2, etc. N8 brings the Qt world to Symbian, and that is good for the future of MeeGo, N900, the whole mobile world. Let's hope for the best, instead of wishing the worst.

BTW, I wouldn't trust a review from a guy whose name sounds like it came from a Tolkien book anyway.

Last edited by ivanzorkic; 2010-04-29 at 20:40.

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Btw, it says on the "Phone" section on the left.. N900, N920..

Hmmm, so it's going to be N920? And does he have that "MeeGo" device? or is it a joke or what?
I have no doubt that he got the device or have seen it. He was talking about rover(N900) 6 months before announcement and made review of it 2-3 weeks before it was announced like i'm sure many members here remember. Same what he did for N8.
He have been doing this for years much before N95, but media have now started to take notice of him.

He usually got a see prototypes 6-7 months before announcements.

Well the much improved hardware is def a plus. Just wonder what os it'll be running, Maemo or meego?

I think the E series was aimed more at the business segment while the N series was the high-end consumer phone. Generally the high-end consumer phone is considered to be Nokia's flagship model because they sell like rum cakes outside an AA meeting.

N8 Has very good specs but the deal breaker is its battery wiz non replaceable

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mnaveed For This Useful Post:
I dont know if one model is a deal breaker but there some signs of Nokia's (or its CEO's) failings
http://www.reuters.com/article/techn...63T1F820100430

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad mojo, h3ll100ser, ignorant thread, raised nothing, sigh, worst thread