Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Can you explain this one a bit?

Meaning: does in-kernel battery charging actually work? (will gladly test it, but need more info
Yes, I charged battery in my n900 more times without problem with this my in-kernel driver.

Is isp1704 also in there?
If you mean upstream isp1704_charger kernel driver, no it is not included. But isp1704_charger driver was created from our patched maemo 2.6.28 musb code. So isp1704_charger is included in musb kernel driver (which do needed wallcharger detection).

I read in one LKML thread (where you and Felipe discussed the two alternative drivers) that one would have to stop mce, insmod the module and echo auto/none/host/dedicated to /sys/class/power_supply/bq24150-0/mode.

Assuming I try the above, will my N900 become a bratwurst? (or a bratbrick

How do I stop charging? is this automatically detected? or do I have to echo something to /mode and unplug the charger, etc.?
Now in kp51 autodetection of charger type working, so manual mode is not needed. But BME must be stopped and then bq2415x_charger driver can be loaded.

Sorry lots of questions. If this works it's going to be BIG (for me at least) but I need to know (without time for reading the module nor time to actually check if the module is OK if this is more-or-less-safe to try.

Cheers and thanks a million!
I written some info about charging & hostmode with bq2415x_charger driver for kernel-power on: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pal...o/bq2415x.html

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Pali, I've read your info about bq2415x_charger driver. I've got only one question. What is boost mode?

Originally Posted by mauron85 View Post
Pali, I've read your info about bq2415x_charger driver. I've got only one question. What is boost mode?
power for your usb device in usb host mode if you do not have external power supply.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
New update for kernel-power-modules package:

Now I added patch for bq27x00_battery kernel driver which export values of all chip registers to one text sysfs file /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/registers in format reg=val separated by newline (both reg and val are in hexadecimal). Driver is still blacklisted due to BME.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by pali View Post
New update for kernel-power-modules package:

Now I added patch for bq27x00_battery kernel driver which export values of all chip registers to one text sysfs file /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/registers in format reg=val separated by newline (both reg and val are in hexadecimal). Driver is still blacklisted due to BME.
Feels like my birthday :-D And I got all I ever asked for.
Thanks Pali!

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by mauron85 View Post
N900 provides up to 200mA@5V on USB receptacle +VBUS_5V. Needed for USB hostmode/H-E-N

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
when will it hit the repos?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
when will it hit the repos?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=460

im not sure you want it if you did not read the posts before
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
no time to comment on all the other questions, just one thing: charging on N900 is immanently safe due to hardware design. No way to fry your device.

/j
AFAIK, ShadowJK mentioned once a possibility of overheating chip, when charging with more than 950 mA (he tried faster charging, using charge.sh and temperature change was very troubling - I asked about it, when I considered faster charging due to 2-cell battery and 2A power source).

It's possible that I've misunderstood something - so don't get aggressive, like in last answer to my post (despite my tremendous amount of marking, that it's personal view on things, personal opinion, may be not accurate, etc) - but are you sure about that one, i.e complete bulletproofness of charging route design?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ indonesia
Hy all,what you've tried mobilehotspot and qtmobilehotspot connection? Is there a problem? Why do I always fail to connect to other devices?
Could initially but now it always failed

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali