Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
My plan all along was to get Nokia's first MeeGo device. The problem is my commitment to Nokia is starting to wane and my eyes are staring to wander...Main reasons are that there have been barely any leaks for the "N9" mainly all being a videos on the MeeGo handset UI itsself. Seeing phones such as SE's X10, Samsung EPIC 4G(hoping a GSM version is released) and the Vibrant is making me impatient. What do you guys think will happen first? Nokia's MeeGo handset is announced/released, SE's X10 gets a Froyo update or a GSM version of Epic 4G is made? I really want some sort of confirmation from Nokia that their MeeGo handset will be AWESOME and include a slideout QWERTY keyboard. The last thing I want to do is get anything but Nokia for my next device. How are others handling this situation?

No more nokia after N900....

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
N900 is pretty awesome if your current productivity software are already based on OSS stack or you need to deal with *nixes on daily basis. (fortunately?) for me, that's not in my job desc anymore.

I'm going 'back' to iPhone 4 + a BB. Currently waiting for Torch.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
As now, there is no phone that matches N900. There is a few phones that got some features that is better, like some Android got compass and Iphone 4 got higher resulution and so on. But no one beat N900 yet.

An Iphone 4 with FM-transmitter, Open OS, QWERTY like N900, 64gb on board memory + flashdrive and No Itunes would beat N900.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Maemo is "dead", MeeGo isn't here yet, ignoring the Nokia N8. Overlooked the iPhone 4, went Samsung Galaxy S instead (and happy), still looking for a proper tablet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Currently happy with N900, except for the lack of provisioning. I will wait for Meego. I do use iphone 3GS as a back up.......my work BB Bold is still in the drawer........

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Not sure about the brand or OS. Most likely it is something less than 100 g and half the thickness of my current N900 with a hard keyboard.

Last edited by gsever; 2010-08-15 at 20:09.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ireland
My next phone will be a HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy S, but the Galaxy S is a bit big size wise.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Right now there is no match for n900. Maybe if the n9 is much better than n900, them I will get that, but otherwise I am fine with n900.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
nokia n8. Was looking at android but only if I can det stock android out of the box. Touchwiz is just noy my cup of tea.