Hello,

I have borked my sudoers file with a syntax error, if this was a normal computer i'd just chroot in and edit the file. Other than mer is there any other way to fix this?

regards,

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
You meen that you have no way to gain root? Have you tried "su" or reinstall rootsh?

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Lebanon
Try this...

Get into R&D mode using "flasher --enable-rd-mode"
Fix up your sudoers file
Disable R&D.

If you are not familiar with flasher go here

i have encountered this problem many2 times already as i have played my sudoers file to add security to my phone and now whenever i try to gainroot or root it asks for my own password 1st. And about your problem only way is to reflash fiasco. No you can't fix that even with rd mode as sudoers file manage all the admin operations. And only admin rights can fix that. Not sure about mer as i have never tested it.

@Radicalz38: I had the same problem as roundyz and entering R&D mode gained me root access to change the sudeors file. Dunno why it didn't work on your end. But yes if that doesn't work then a reflash is in place.

well i guess it depends on where you've messed it up then. Because i was tweaking the gainroot and sudoers file at that time.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Or you can boot into a rescue initrd(see meego wiki on how to do it). But it lacks ubifsattach so it's hard to get to root I had tno roll my own. I'm planing on rolling my own rescue initrd that would be nearly automatic in terms of mounting all the relevant systems and then gives you a terminal to fix stuff up. But it'll be a while before I start/finish that.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Thanks lads, I will try when I get home. I cant reinstall anything because apman fails...will try the r+d route. Cheers.