Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
I just got notified of a new Maemo 5 update on the device's application manager. It tells you to connect the device to the pc and use the Nokia Software updater.... I did hoping it was finally the PR 1.2.....

Unfortunately the Nokia Software updater says there is no update available for my device.

Does anybody know what this is?

looks like pr1.1.1

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkFulgore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Yep its PR1.1.1, the 2nd firmware for N900.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
if its 1.2 ill be highly surprised though it is the first 2010 update ive seen

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Odd... I just checked the installed applications and I have it installed already...

It just started showing up after I manually installed the Qt 4.6.2 libraries... it probably just broke some dependencies once if affects the original Qt libraries contained on the Maemo 5 package.

Too bad.... For a minute I got my hopes up and the funny thing is that I was cursing that they just waited for me to install the Qt manually to have the PR1.2 out that will replace them anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
It just started showing up after I manually installed the Qt 4.6.2 libraries... it probably just broke some dependencies once if affects the original Qt libraries contained on the Maemo 5 package.
Yes, it is.
There is a package called "mp-fremantle-generic-pr", which is responsible for firmware updates.

I, for one, simply deleted it, because it caused too much pain because of its dependencies.
I'll know when PR 1.2 is released from TMO.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Its a dependency that you updated somehow and now app manager is trying to fix the dependency according to the version that was in the last public FW release.

The Following User Says Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post: