A major use of the N900 for me, would be to stream internet radio through the browser and bluetooth that to my 07 Prius stereo speakers while driving in areas with 3G coverage such as the I-95 northeast corridor.

I am not asking whether it would be compatible with my car, but whether the network, the tablet and the bluetooth are a fast enough to get this done.

Thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to yiannis For This Useful Post:
Network = dependent on your provider (assuming TMobile since that's the only way you can get 3G)

Tablet = yes

bluetooth = yes

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Looks like we might get our first maemo related death

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maemojedi For This Useful Post:
Haha the speed limit on I-95 is very fast. Depending on the state it can range anywhere from 55 to 70+ depending if your near the cities it goes through. Average I-95 traffic speed if it's not rush hour is around 70+ despite the speed limit being 65 lol.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post
Looks like we might get our first maemo related death
You underestimate the power of the dark side.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Network = dependent on your provider (assuming TMobile since that's the only way you can get 3G)

Tablet = yes

bluetooth = yes
Thanks, so is the T-mobile a yes as well?

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I don't think you can assume anything at this point. Personally I find accessing 3G on my laptop in a moving car a very sporadic experience. One minute it will load, then stall, then load again - so it may depend a lot on how large the buffer is in the media player.

That said, I have never been in the car with particularly reliable 3G reception to your results may be better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
"Can the N900 stream live radio to car stereo while driving at high speed?"

It works pretty well at 55mph, but as you get over 60mph, your music is streamed to the radio in the car behind you; at around 70mph, it's a couple cars back from you that they're hearing what your N900 is playing; and so on, as your car's speed increases.

I've heard that south of the equator it's the cars in front of you that receive what you're streaming (if, you know, you're driving real fast), but I can't address that claim from personal experience, and the physics underlying it just doesn't make sense to me.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to dickcheney For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
If you have a big buffer on your player, it should be fine. AAC+ and lower quality MP3 can be transmitted as 2G speeds, so you should be fine. Just don't fiddle with it on the road!

@dick:

No, you got it all wrong. When you go over 88 MPH, the music time warps and you hear the song in reverse! Duh, everyone knows that...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
i bet that without a big buffer there will be stops in music when switching cell towers.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search