Active Topics

A thoroughly positive review of the F(x)tec Pro1 as part of golem.de's IFA 2019 coverage: page 1 (Google translation) & page 2 (translation)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
@all, please do not feed trolls.
Seriously.
Never, no matter with what.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
What about cases and screen protectors? Will it bring any? Will it be easy to achieve?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by hagiz View Post
Thanks a lot!
That tool is genius! Never seen that, should probably have thought of searching for it.

That price is then UK VAT + Norwegian VAT, I was under the impression we only have to pay VAT in one country?
I seem to remember that toll.no have their own import calculator too. I have been using it a few times when I was living in Norway.

Overall, I remember that the fees were quite significant, probably manageable with the median salary in Norway, but tougher for someone with only a French salary. Anyway, the amounts depending on product types are all well explained on the website.

Also, multiple times, I noticed that web stores did not offer to buy at the price excl. the EU VAT when shipping to Norway, which is wrong. And the Norwegian fees were added on top of that. I had to contact the web stores after delivery to ask for a partial refund, which they sometimes agreed to do, but was still losing a bit because the Norwegian fees I paid were calculated on the full price including VAT.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-09-06 at 07:21.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
What about cases and screen protectors? Will it bring any? Will it be easy to achieve?
They wrote they will provide a "Hard case" but as far as I know, no one saw it except F(x)tec.

The screen is another thing.
The display is the same what was also used in Elephone U Pro, so screen protectors are ready to buy if you search for that model.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I seem to remember that toll.no have their own import calculator too. I have been using it a few times when I was living in Norway.

Overall, I remember that the fees were quite significant, probably manageable with the median salary in Norway, but tougher for someone with only a French salary. Anyway, the amounts depending on product types are all well explained on the website.

Also, multiple times, I noticed that web stores did not offer to buy at the price excl. the EU VAT when shipping to Norway, which is wrong. And the Norwegian fees were added on top of that. I had to contact the web stores after delivery to ask for a partial refund, which they sometimes agreed to do, but was still losing a bit because the Norwegian fees I paid were calculated on the full price including VAT.
Very good summery, it can be clunky to get items imposed to Norway for sure.

The tool i used was from toll.no forgot to link it so thank

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electristan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
They wrote they will provide a "Hard case" but as far as I know, no one saw it except F(x)tec.

The screen is another thing.
The display is the same what was also used in Elephone U Pro, so screen protectors are ready to buy if you search for that model.
The screen protectors that are being sold on ebay are curved?

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by electristan View Post
Very good summery, it can be clunky to get items imposed to Norway for sure.

The tool i used was from toll.no forgot to link it so thank
I got an email back from Fxtec support, apparently I wasn't charged VAT on the purchase, hopefully that's true for all Norwegian residents.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hagiz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
As a port of LineageOS is a community effort (just as SailfishOS or anything else but the stock Android)
Ah, did not know that. Since FxTec are making the Android modifications themselves (that I am aware of, at least) I thought maybe they would do so for LineageOS as well.

I would rather let Chen do his work (getting mass production up and running) and search for any LineageOS porting efforts by myself.
I agree

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
What I can confirm is that there are 2 senior developers has been working on Lineage OS since a while ago. And they've made some great progress. (All the credit goes to them)

They are awaiting for the official release and can move the porting project into the next stage I believe.

That's as far as I know, and again, it's a great work of Lineage community.
Thanks for taking the time to respond Chen, good to know! I guess I'll just wait until after the release and see when LineageOS comes to the Pro1, and use Sailfish or some other OS on it until then.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
The screen protectors that are being sold on ebay are curved?
Not all of them are.

I ordered this one, as it seems to provide full coverage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Schutzfo...z/162912021991

Hopefully it will work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit