Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by jdrescher View Post
Yeah that's meerun style man!
I looked into your code and really like your programming style, it's much more cleaner than mine...
This comes from my laziness. I don't want to write more code than necessary and also don't like debugging that much

However I see a few problems. There are reasons why I did not replicate meeruns record screen.
- I like Laufhelden beeing independantly of meerun and hopefully doing things better where it is possible, so no need to copy meerun style.
- I don't like the bad using of display space in meerun. I think the values letters should be larger.

Don't get me wrong I really appreciate your work. But the meerun record page style is just not right for me.
My suggestion would be that we add your page layout as an option. Maybe you can keep your record page in a different qml file and the user can choose that one in the settings.
We can also make your style the default one as it may be the best for most of the users.

Keep up your good work!
I would suggest to have two pages only as last option, it makes maintaining the software harder. This was just a starting point for me. Let's try to make it configurable. There for sure are people who like it in different ways so making just two pages doesn't solve their issues.

What are your main itches with my current proposal? One thing is the size of the letters. That's easily solvable.
Attached Images

I looked into your code and really like your programming style, it's much more cleaner than mine...
This is due to my laziness
I don't like writing more code than necessary and also don't like debugging to much and this helps.

However I see a few problems. There are reasons why I did not replicate meeruns record screen.
- I like Laufhelden beeing independantly of meerun and hopefully doing things better where it is possible, so no need to copy meerun style.
- I don't like the bad using of display space in meerun. I think the values letters should be larger.

Don't get me wrong I really appreciate your work. But the meerun record page style is just not right for me.
My suggestion would be that we add your page layout as an option. Maybe you can keep your record page in a different qml file and the user can choose that one in the settings.
We can also make your style the default one as it may be the best for most of the users.

Keep up your good work!
I would suggest to have this as last option because it makes maintaining harder. It was just a starting point for me, so let's see if we can have some options to make everybody happy, not just you and me.

What's your main itches with the current proposal? One is the size of the text. This can be solved quite easily.
Attached Images

This is because of my laziness
I don't like to write more than necessary and also don't like to debug and this helps.

Keep up your good work!
This should be the last option, because it makes maintenance much harder. It was just a starting point for me, so let's see if we can add some options to make it all people happy.

What are your main itches? Bigger letters are not a big problem.
Attached Images

Last edited by hias; 2017-11-14 at 21:20. Reason: added screenshot

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hias For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2017 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hias View Post
What are your main itches? Bigger letters are not a big problem.

The major problem is that I might not be able to do things on that dialog because it is no longer my code. I have a lot of ideas for it and I would have to work through your code to implement them.

If you really want to we can use your design although I really liked mine. But we have to make a few adjustments.

Here are my points:
  • the heartrate field with the bar graph is much to small. We can keep that but heartrate needs to be a selectable value for one of the bigger fields
  • current day time (clock), must always be visible
  • battery level of heartrate device

By the way, how is it looking in map mode?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
The major problem is that I might not be able to do things on that dialog because it is no longer my code. I have a lot of ideas for it and I would have to work through your code to implement them.
Well, I have no objection if you change my code, in the end you are the maintainer
I would just try to keep the code simple, though powerful enough for the user to change it to their preferences.

f you really want to we can use your design although I really liked mine. But we have to make a few adjustments.
The plan is to make the view configurable, so that the user decides which item to display where and how many columns are occupied by an item.

Here are my points:
  • the heartrate field with the bar graph is much to small. We can keep that but heartrate needs to be a selectable value for one of the bigger fields
  • current day time (clock), must always be visible
  • battery level of heartrate device
There are several options for this. One is a status bar at the top, which would contain the current clock and GPS signal strength. I think this information do not need as much space as the field with the other information. The battery level of the heart rate device could also went to this status bar.

Alternatively, the heart rate field could contain a bar with the percentage of the battery.

At the moment all fields have the same QML element, but this is not necessary, it would also be possible to have a custom element for some/all fields.

What do you think?

By the way, how is it looking in map mode?
At the moment it would occupy two rows and would be on top of the grid. First I had in within the grid and reduced the fields to three rows, but I thought it might be better on top of the grid with the possibility to slide it to the top.

I would keep the button at their position, because it's easier to reach and you do not need to look for the buttons because the map moved them up. I don't have strong feelings about this though.
Attached Images

Last edited by hias; 2017-11-15 at 20:44. Reason: screenshot

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hias For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2017 @ Germany
So new release 0.9.6-7 is out now.

Next release will be Pebble integration and maybe some small other things.
Then I am planning to integrate OSMScoutServer for the map.

By the way, the map plugin seems to be buggy, has anyone seen those horizontal lines on the map while recording? At the moment I have no idea what to do about them. The track points added to the mappolyline are OK. They mostly appear when the map is in small mode. Maybe it is some scaling issue

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
By the way, the map plugin seems to be buggy, has anyone seen those horizontal lines on the map while recording? At the moment I have no idea what to do about them. The track points added to the mappolyline are OK. They mostly appear when the map is in small mode. Maybe it is some scaling issue
Yeah, the same thing happens with Rena too. Since it does not affect the actual stored data and after recording the tracks are clean I just have learned to live with it.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
So weird "off by 1" in the display code ?

(e.g.: trying to link one more point on the spline than there are data points, and thus having something with weird coordinates)

(that could typically happen in bicubic smoothing routine : to draw a spline between "point(0)" and "point(1)", you also need "point(-1)" and "point(2)" for the bicubic computations. Those might not even exist in the data array).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:

By the way, the map plugin seems to be buggy, has anyone seen those horizontal lines on the map while recording?
the same happens on Meerun regularly, too.
As others wrote, stored data is fine and closing and re-opening map view gets everything straight again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Casanunda For This Useful Post:
I've done some work the last days. The fields are now loaded dynamically and can be changed. The UI to change the layout is not yet ready, though. With the current implementation it would even be possible to have different fields for different activities.

There is also a first try with the status bar.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hias For This Useful Post:

Tags
heart rate, running, sport, sport tracker