Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Where are these sound files in different languages and versions located, and can I remove them without breaking something? I suppose they will be reinstalled with each update. Already in the thread are mentions of Spanish, Italian and Swedish being worked on in addition to English and German - and male and female versions. I don't want all these wave files on my device, no matter how compressed they are. I don't even know that I would utilise these voice prompts at all, but if I did it would be in English and that's it.

Don't take this as an attack, but I detest when translations are bundled with main packages. They should be offered separately for those who need them - especially when we're talking sound recordings and not text. So my suggestion is that instead of adding these recordings in, you make a separate package; "Laufhelden - Additional Voice Language Support" or something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2017 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Where are these sound files in different languages and versions located, and can I remove them without breaking something? I suppose they will be reinstalled with each update. Already in the thread are mentions of Spanish, Italian and Swedish being worked on in addition to English and German - and male and female versions. I don't want all these wave files on my device, no matter how compressed they are. I don't even know that I would utilise these voice prompts at all, but if I did it would be in English and that's it.

Don't take this as an attack, but I detest when translations are bundled with main packages. They should be offered separately for those who need them - especially when we're talking sound recordings and not text. So my suggestion is that instead of adding these recordings in, you make a separate package; "Laufhelden - Additional Voice Language Support" or something.
You can find those files on your device in /usr/share/harbour-laufhelden/qml and from there in the subfolders audio/, units/, headers/ and numbers/.
Your suggestion makes a lot of sense. Problem is only it needs to be done and my time and resources as a developer are limited. If you are into developing, you can always make a pull request and contribute to the app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
I would like to contribute translating it to italian, how can I do it?
You need an account on github. And then you can fork the app and add a new language file: harbour-laufhelden-it.ts to the folder /translations.
Then you do your translation in that file. Afterwards you create a pull request.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Hi guys. As you may have noticed I changed the layout/style of the main page with the last update. However due to me not being a designer, I am still not satisfied with the new design. Especially the upper part of the page is still not very nice at the moment.
Problem is, I didn't want to just copy the design of meerun or some other app.
Maybe one of you guys has a better idea. I am free to all suggestions
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by jdrescher View Post
Hi guys. As you may have noticed I changed the layout/style of the main page with the last update. However due to me not being a designer, I am still not satisfied with the new design. Especially the upper part of the page is still not very nice at the moment.
Problem is, I didn't want to just copy the design of meerun or some other app.
Maybe one of you guys has a better idea. I am free to all suggestions
looks good @jdrescher better than before, of course that could be more revamped. will useful for the designer that you share some metaphor for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
@jdrescher Would it be possible to add motor sports to the sports activities, like racing and rally?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Is this still actively developed?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hias For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by hias View Post
Is this still actively developed?
I see activity on github about 4 months ago, but I don't think there's been a new release since late last year. The little running man on the icon is still wearing his "Santa cap".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I see activity on github about 4 months ago, but I don't think there's been a new release since late last year. The little running man on the icon is still wearing his "Santa cap".
There is surely no point in updating that dude - it will be relevant in no time.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
From OpenRepos: "Please note that I am back to Android and therefore the future of this app depends on other developers who are willing to step in".

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pasik For This Useful Post:

Tags
heart rate, running, sport, sport tracker