Active Topics

Maybe this is covered elsewhere (if so, I apologize), but what about the plan to migrate accounts from t.m.o. to the MeeGo forum? Is this going to happen?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
No. maemo.org and meego.com are separate projects with different ownerships. Getting MeeGo or a meego.com account is a voluntary action for any Maemo user or contributor.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
No. maemo.org and meego.com are separate projects with different ownerships. Getting MeeGo or a meego.com account is a voluntary action for any Maemo user or contributor.
what about meego.org . as i understand the maemo.org forums were made by community and now a lot of stuff in maemo.org at all are contributed by community. As meego is open source and community would contribute a lot, it would be nicealso to see admins and moderators as active meego volunteers as well and not only Nokia nad Intel employees as it works at most projects. It would be nice as well that they would take part in decisions and would know what is actually gooing with meego and provide us info as well (i understand that not info can be provided but still as i see with maemo, sometimes it's too much words but not actual information).

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
ZogG, check out domain ownership of meego.org. A squatter is looking to get a few bucks from the url, and everything I've heard indicates that the Linux Foundation doesn't intend to meet his current demands.

As for community-driven projects-- while it's true that Quim, Dawn and other official representatives are currently managing most activities, the ultimate goal is to identify community champions and move activity management into their hands where possible and appropriate.

But if you don't want to wait, feel free to add your name to the first and (so far) only community-led MeeGo project, the MeeGo User Engagement Framework. See here: http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_User_Eng...mework_Project

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-05-25 at 17:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/261331570582020/

Well, this is the united group for all Nokia N9xx lovers and fans! This group is even open for the older Maemo based devices, for current Nokia's so called MeeGo devices (Maemo 6 Harmattan), for upcoming Maemo 7 Meltemi devices (if any...) and also for other systems using the Maemo like apps (for example Symbian Belle).

Let's not divide our small community to even smaller communities!

what is this spam meant to achieve? How was it related to current topic?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
forum, maemo.org, meego