Active Topics

Not to create FUD, but this just strikes me as conflict of interests.

Scroll Down to Top 10 Other Holders: MSFT

IF this was mentioned or discussed, am sorry.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ironm8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
a modern day CEO looking after his own personal interest before anyone else's - this strikes you odd why?

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
as I see it, Elop sabotaged Nokia and "sold" Nokia to Microsoft.
Nokia is now, Microsoft Cellular devision and nothing else... and they didnt even had to pay for it.
I find it hard to believe that his material and emotional investment in Microsoft didnt guide his to have this decision, the guy is a mole.

Last edited by ironm8; 2011-02-12 at 21:21.

And who elected him as CEO? Some people who wanted him to do exactly what he did, don't you think?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to borghal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Actually if you take a look at the listings Elop is the 7th biggest single person owning Microsoft shares, in total he still owns less than 0.01% of the shares.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
a modern day CEO looking after his own personal interest before anyone else's - this strikes you odd why?
Whatever it is, this isn't normal behavior in large company culture, especially looking at the situation.

0 Nokia shares
7th largest Microsoft shareholder

Which could raise reasonable questions about conflict of interest. Just week ago i would have laughed at discussion like this, but imo there's some real reasons already by law for these things to be told.

Elop does not need to tell openly about his Microsoft shares, but he does need to tell how much Nokia shares he is packing. Nokia's investor page tells he owns none.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by borghal View Post
And who elected him as CEO? Some people who wanted him to do exactly what he did, don't you think?
I've been asking that question for a while. So far, no answer - it would have to point back to the same folks that's been making the decisions for the last 4 years.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I've been asking that question for a while. So far, no answer - it would have to point back to the same folks that's been making the decisions for the last 4 years.
Board of Directors, mainly Ollila. Board of Directors is pretty much controlled by finnish members.
There was that talk that Vanjoki lost his CEO spot 2 weeks before announcement to Elop because of outside pressure.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
i bet there's a chance the police will get involved. seriously. not insider trading , but i bet there's some finnish/euro law against this. however as someone else has said, this may not have been a decision he took on his own. well done to the thread starter, great bit of research. i have a feeling we'll hear a bit more on this.

The Following User Says Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Whatever it is, this isn't normal behavior in large company culture, especially looking at the situation.
Until yesterday Nokia and Microsoft were competitors. That's the thing that makes it unethical. As such it's not suprising that former MS EVP has lots of MS stocks. He should have sold them before taking the helm at Nokia.

For people who want to go all tinfoil; remember the rumour from two weeks ago. That Nokia's largest american owners forced the Elop nomination (Link) The really tinfoil part is that Nokia's 2nd largest institutional owner (Fidelity Management & Research) is also Microsoft's 7th largest institutional owner.

I'm still saying that this mess is just stupidity. No need for conspiracies.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:

Tags
crybabies, elop rapes dogs, kajko is elop's, lover. cute., w32.elop.trojan