Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
albloushi: Have you tested your layout? I tested and found some issues with it in accents. I am working to solve those issues with custom keyboard components to make for example popper work properly with characters currently having issues with stock keyboard components.

There has been posted sample SPEC file earlier in this thread. You need rpmbuild available in mersdk and various Linux distros to create the package. Very good rpm creation guides can be found by googling "How to create RPM package". For Arabic keyboard you need font files too with license allowing redistribution.

I took liberty to pack dvorak keyboard made by gitful and share it as rpm package at https://openrepos.net/content/pengui...vorak-keyboard

Last edited by Penguin; 2014-03-31 at 15:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ UAE [Dubai]
Penguin: yes, I tested the keyboard layout, and don't have any issue, the popper of accent is quite big, I don't know how to change the size of it.

yes, also I changed the layout, if you like, then I can share it with you.

And thanks for your reply.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Bundyo
Do you experience issues with word prediction when using the letter "ь" in Bulgarian Cyrillic keyboard? For me when I start to type a word with "ь"(e.g. "вальор") it is normally suggested until I enter "ь" - after that word I am typing is no longer underlined and there is no word prediction in top row. The next letters I type are considered new word by the word prediction.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Sorry, didn't see it here. Still no, though.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
albloushi: size of popper is big because it can't handle correctly glyphs with negative or no advance as in Arabic. Sorry There is no other way to fix that issue than write new popper working properly as I have done with emoji keyboard.

Please sharee that modified layout, I will look that and see what can be done for the popper.

I do not know the correct wording for all of those Arabic glyphs but I find this Arabic writing facinating because it differs so much from writing with latin characters. That makes me interested to work with Arabic layout.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ UAE [Dubai]
Penguin: Sorry for the delay, and appreciate your support.

Kindly find attached the layout
Attached Files
File Type: txt ar.qml.txt (3.2 KB, 71 views)

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Since the last SW update (1.0.5.16) the word prediction is not working anymore when I use my custom keyboard.

Previously, when switching to a custom keyboard, the phone was keeping the word prediction of the last standard keyboard used (French in my case).

Any idea to have this working again?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I have same problem as @Jordi. I am using Bulgarian&English setup, both keyboard layouts modified to my liking and using a custom layouts.conf file. Since 1.0.5.16 I am not getting any word predictions. According to TJC thread dictionaries are in /home/nemo/.local/share/xt9/ but there is no such directory on my device.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
I have this directory, but word prediction also does not work for me, with custom keyboard.

there are 2 files in it:
Code:
[nemo@Jolla xt9]$ ls -l
total 1236
-rw-r--r-- 1 nemo nemo   10240 Apr 10 08:23 cp_pinyin.udb
-rw-r--r-- 1 nemo nemo 1249856 Apr 12 12:25 xt9.dlm
i tried to open them with a text editor, but this does not work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I also have this directory and I open the file called xt9.dlm: it's big, almost empty but contains the typed words, I recognise some sentences I typed in Mitakuuluu.