Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Maybe "unofficially," but considering how Adobe behaves towards mobile devices I wouldn't count on it.
Well that didn't last long.

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Well, we knew already about Harmattan-MeeGo. If you want to call that PR 2.0 / Maemo 6 you can, but at the end of the day for the N900 users its still useless because community-Harmattan-MeeGo for the N900 will be stripped down so no phone, no Skype, no Flash. Could it be retrofitted? Maybe, but I guess it all depends on who sticks around until then. If Nokia decides to spend the effort to get PR 2.0 on the N900 I'd be ecstatic. Not holding my breath though. They've made no indication that that will happen.
It's vanilla Meego that's stripped down (IE no proprietery software but it already has working phone support). Not Harmattan-Meego (which the N900 isn't getting anyway). What will happen is the community will be responsible for any backporting of parts in Harmattan-Meego to Vanilla Meego. Like Flash, Skype, etc..

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Calls in NITDroid are working (the actual sound in the call is being worked on) and I believe a member on the MeeGo forum (he is also a member here) made calls on MeeGo for N900.
I think they work but the microphone and handset speaker don't work.

Originally Posted by flailingmonkey View Post
It was made clear that the Harmattan "Hackers Edition"/community edition would have the closed bits working and included. Meaning Skype, Flash 10.1, Maps, etc etc, all working. With all the tmo FUD threads, it isn't hard to miss this, so I won't blame you all =P

Still, that won't be available until the Harmattan SDK beta releases, so MeeGo handset reference UX should get our focus.
I wouldn't make that a statement of fact. It's dependent on the community to backport the closed bits. So it's up to whatever's left of the developmental community, and from what I've seen we've already lost a few good ones.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It's vanilla Meego that's stripped down (IE no proprietery software but it already has working phone support). Not Harmattan-Meego (which the N900 isn't getting anyway). What will happen is the community will be responsible for any backporting of parts in Harmattan-Meego to Vanilla Meego. Like Flash, Skype, etc..
Aw crap that blows....
I thought there'd be some version of harmatten-meego available to n900 owners.

So it depends entirely on the resources of vanilla meego & whether there's the desire/impetus to back-port the closed bits of harmatten to it?
I'm guessing that's quite a long-shot?!

I wouldn't make that a statement of fact. It's dependent on the community to backport the closed bits. So it's up to whatever's left of the developmental community, and from what I've seen we've already lost a few good ones.
Sigh, oh well, guess I'll have to jump ship to N9.
Not an entirely bad thing

Last edited by jalyst; 2010-09-27 at 15:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I thought there'd be some version of harmatten-meego available to n900 owners.
There will be. It simply will not be officially supported by Nokia. So, no calling Nokia Care if it breaks.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Who here has ever called Nokia Care for a piece of software that broke?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
@jalyst, its not all a bad thing indeed. the only problem is people like you that keep buying new phones evertime nokia says we are not gonna support it on this one but will on the next phone. Will give nokia the feeling they can **** on us and never have to support anything.

Nokia: "Oh well people will buy the next phone we dont have to support it on this one.."

Its time nokia IS going to support some stuff on the n900, not always put it on the next phone. Allot of people on my n900 forum including me are fed up with nokia's attitude. most of them allready bought other brands.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Sorry for delayed response, I'm on a weekly subscribe to this thread.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
There will be. It simply will not be officially supported by Nokia. So, no calling Nokia Care if it breaks.
I realise that, but then my next sentence/Qn was:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
So it depends entirely on the resources of vanilla meego & whether there's the desire/impetus to back-port the closed bits of harmatten to it?
I'm guessing that's quite a long-shot?!
I mean what are the chances of a solid non-official community around it.
I'm guessing quite slim...

Last edited by jalyst; 2010-10-04 at 05:26.

Whats a really big slap in the face is the iCrap community ported flash from Android apparently. http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/07/h...ipad-for-real/

Love how its a .deb file too...

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/fold...eflash-a8.html

Just stumbled across this.... I see that beagleboard is mentioned but not OMAP3430 hmmmmm....

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/fold...eflash-a8.html

Just stumbled across this.... I see that beagleboard is mentioned but not OMAP3430 hmmmmm....
now this looks really interesting. anybody tried to order this?

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update