Notices

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
The thread "Recaller App & Bluetooth Headset no incoming sound" with three posts (below) has been merged into this thread by request by twaelti.

==greenbelt==

I experienced a problem with Recaller auto recording app. Having a call rerouted to my bluetooth headset, only my voice is recorded. The sound rerouted to bluetooth headset is not.

I assume that recaller did not switch audio source from phone to bluetooth. Do I need to do that manually?

==petur==

same problem here

==twaelti==

There is a critical bug in the current release of Recaller that makes the BT recording impossible to work :-) It wrongly uses the Dictaphone mode - ouch...

(Posts merged for readability)

Last edited by xomm; 2010-10-19 at 18:42.

first of all:
Thank you very much for this great "little" app!!

I've got only one enhancement idea:
It would be perfect, if there is a possibility to switch automatically recording source to bluetooth if a headset is connected.
I use the phone very often in the car, and i found out that in the car the call recording is very quiet.. So i think that the audio source should be switched to bluetooth source.. If that is solved im happy.

Chris

I support the idea

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
u'll be disappointed
i didnt have its update since 3 months
and it still has bug issues
like no saving/freezing when using a different dir to save fikes

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
u'll be disappointed
i didnt have its update since 3 months
and it still has bug issues
like no saving/freezing when using a different dir to save fikes
hm.. i don't have any problems with the application.. but @ the moment im saving autorecords to the memorycard in a seperate directory

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
really?
i cant do that
but i dun have memcard
i jus use mass mem

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Another *please* for the feature as asked by the OP: I have recaller configured to record the phone, but if I answer the call via a bluetooth headset (plantronics backbeat), it records the phone mic, not the conversation on the phone itself.

And going to settings to change recaller source is simply not usable. It should see the bluetooth headset and automatically use that.

Just a quick heads up to tell you that you haven't been forgotten :-)
Unfortunately, my dev system had a really ugly crash (SSD controller lost it's firmware....eeeek!) and I lost my dev environment (so much for the backups that I did NOT think necessary :-). But now, I'm finally getting up to speed again and have restarted work on Recaller. I spent most of yesterday fixing the main issues:
- very quiet recordings
- hangs when using a folder containing one or more spaces
- hangs on anonymous calls
- hangs on calls containing a "*"
- autoswitch to bluetooth not working properly
Currently, there remains one large bug with BT to be fixed - the widget completely crashes after hanging up while on a headset. Once this is resolved, I will release a new version.

(Testing this is a nuisance - imagine calling yourself from another mobile 30 times a day...)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Another 20 calls later, the BT recording crashing has been identified and fixed...
Cause and resolution for archival purpose: The moment BT hangs up, the pulseaudio source hw1 disappears from underneath GStreamer, causing it to spit a critical error. My solution is to just stop the recording as fast as possible (and not in the proper, slightly slower way it was done before).

Can a mod merge this thread? Thanks

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."