Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I hope it's now more stable than 0.5. 0.5 was crashing me every time I visited slashdot.org. Anyway, I have to try it out.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
You can also bring up the tab menu by scrolling beyond the left boundary of the page and the nav controls by scrolling beyond the right boundary as per the UI demo that the developers posted a while ago

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Geez, its big! Xulrunner wants to use 26 MB of my device... unfortunately I only have 21 MB available... :/

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Deleted some cruft & been able to use it. I don't understand why those icons on the right are sometimes there and sometimes gone. Zoom is very much appreciated, but I don't understand why zoom in sometimes works, and sometimes it doesn't. I definetely don't understand what the icons on the right are meant for, the way they look mean nothing to me. Design reminds me of Safari / OS X. Does not honour Hildon theme. Application is still slow IMO, but at least now it doesn't crash as quick as 0.4 and 0.5, at least I didn't experience a crash. Its worth testing out now, can be considered alpha software now.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
The icons on the right are supposed to disappear when you're navigating around the page so you've got the maximum screen real-estate for the web page. However this doesn't seem to work beautifully in practice yet :P

You can get them back by trying to scroll beyond the right edge of the page with your finger

I like the direction this app is going, but it still crashes on me far too much to be usable yet

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
I hope it's now more stable than 0.5. 0.5 was crashing me every time I visited slashdot.org. Anyway, I have to try it out.
I haven't used Fennec but have you made sure the flash plugin is disabled. Firefox 3 works fine for me, but the flash plugin crashes 100% of the time.

0.7 is out.

Stability seems to be improving. Sluggishness, not so much.

Hi, I installed fennec on my N810 with latest OS update and I found it so sluggish and memory hungry, I found no fun in using it. The file menu doesnt work (or is not designed to work), and I didnt find any settings where I can increase the means to increase its performance. Page loading was neither that fast as was claimed in many websites and blogs.

I removed it after getting annoyed with it. Is it the same experience with many of you as well?

Any reflections and solutions would help. Cheers!

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
I think it has gotten slower so it can first become more stable. Also, MicroB has been updated a little since the articles. The first fennec was fast if I remember...

I personally liked the minefield build for the tablets. It was stable, fast (enough), but had a long loading time. Like the Debian Firefox I guess, but native...

Tags
fennec, mobile, mozilla