I've complained about this in another thread already, but here goes again: I use "New Posts" to get the unread messages. If there's a weekend in between then I usually get something like 3-5 pages of new content. I scan through it, reading and replying to posts now and then, but at some stage, e.g. after the 3rd page or so, I get 'Sorry, now search match' or something like that when I want to go to the next page of new posts. It seems to be searching again, and after a while (because it takes time to go through a bunch of new posts) it decides that there are no more.. even though there were clearly another couple of pages at the time when I first clicked "New Posts".

It must be possible to improve on this.. the simplest would be if I could simply get it all on a long, single page, so that it did the search only once. Or it could do the search once, so that the 'next page' function didn't do another search. Something like that. As it is now I lose messages.

Ok, if you bookmarked the 'New Posts' link, then that might be the problem. When you click the 'New Posts' link at the top of the forums, it creates a seed (id) with the search results. This seed is temporary and very specific to the member who is currently logged in. Make sure that you bookmark the following URL instead:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

That's what I use, but I sometimes get the same effect as TA-t3. Not as much, probably because I catch up more often :-)

I don't use a bookmark. The problem must be what you say: It's temporary (all is fine if I just goes through it very fast). But if it's, say, 3 pages to read, and I don't get at it quickly, the third page is lost when I get to it. Today I'm back after a weeks vacation, and the only way I can get sure to read everything is to immediately walk through and open 9 windows, one for each search page.
It could all be remedied if there was an option to get all new posts on a single long, continous page.

(I would have lost your reply to this thread if I hadn't used the workaround described above! :-))

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
... the only way I can get sure to read everything is to immediately walk through and open 9 windows, one for each search page.
It could all be remedied if there was an option to get all new posts on a single long, continous page.
Yeah, I also vote for single page of new posts (or at least 100 posts per results page).

Another workaround that I tend to use is the following:

1. Press the "New Posts" button. The first page of results is displayed.
2. Press the "2" button to go to the next page. Repeat for each page.
3. Start reading the last page, and use the "Back" button to go to the previous page. Repeat until you reach the beginning. Note that, after clicking on and reading a post or thread, you have to use "Back" to get back to the search results page.

Note: the ability to use this workaround may depend on the browser you use. It probably doesn't work on a 770/n800 browser.

I don't usually have more than 2 or 3 pages of new posts at a time, though, so maybe this procedure is less appropriate for your needs.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else have a problem viewing new posts on their 770/n800? The list I get back is in a long narrow (2-3 words wide) column instead of using the entire screen. I've tried optimized and unoptimized view in Opera but neither seem to work. I use the Mobile skin.

Yes, the mobile skin has been broken from day 1 -- although the present version is a marked improvement on the previous one :-)

The "new posts" results should now be fixed in the mobile version.

That was fast! I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to srstein For This Useful Post: