Active Topics

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
With all that said, i believe that the N9 has a gem in its multitasking, I have not yet seen a phone that multitasks better than the N9. Including the Lumia, iphone and Android.
Lumia Iphones and android don't multitask. Period. Putting an app to standby is not multitasking no matter what apple says.

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Qt is soon gone in mobile biz. I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you but you need to hear it.
What happened to you chuck? Have you gone Dark side???

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Even Chuck Norris gave up on Nokia.. Why do you think they're doomed??? Beause Chuck Norris disapproves of Nokia's actions and therefore won't allow then to succeed! >.<

Sorry I'm a bit drunk!

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
and it has same spec like lumia 800, LOL

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4240
there are subtle differences. rm808 variation is not listed. i think it has 3 additionl lte bands

The IE is fast and good at rendering sites faster than n9 browser even on the same wi-fi N network sites loaded almost twice as fast on the Lumia
FYI, Lumia is running at 1.4GHz while N9 is running at 1GHz.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
How is the Lumia 900 Email? Email on Lumia 800 is superb, bettter than anything i used, but I dont like the simple black and white layout.
It is the same.

Email combined with live tiles so that you can add multiple accounts to one tile is great. As a whole txt messages and emails i consider to be Lumia's strenght.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Lumia 800/900 have no support on T-Mobile US 3G, otherwise, I would have got one.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
I havent really looked at the email besides setup. gmail allows you to sync your email, contacts and calender from one place (although i unchecked contacts and calender in settings, my wife doesnt really use the calender) Another awkward thing was lumia doesnt sync with Outlook, you need to download a strange tool to link hotmail to outlook and then sync your contacts to windows live. weird.
Oh the nokia "contact transfer" tool is so strange also, i tried to connect the iphone 4 to the lumia 900 using bluetooth with "contact transfer" without much success untll i hit pair on both phones at the exact same time. This took me about 20 tries to figure out and it is classic Nokia.

Since typing would be email centric thing, The keyboard implementation is good though. The layout of keys looks irregular on the keyboard and phone daler, which is kind of the design preference of wp7. non centered & unaligned lines, uneven size boxes on the same line. Gives it a unique look.
Could you post a screenshot up? Please... Of keyboard and dialer.

Last edited by Ashbeck; 2012-04-09 at 11:01.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
there are subtle differences. rm808 variation is not listed. i think it has 3 additionl lte bands
i mean cpu and cpu my friend

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
I've used Lumia 900 for about 3 weeks. Main complaint I have with it revolves around 3rd party apps -- a known issue I might add - the lack of a snappy and polished Google Voice app comes to mind first; a close second is the lack of alternatives for the stock IE browser (UC Browser, Beyond Browser etc, seem to be all just variants of IE). GV app(s) work, but are slow to connect and occasionally fail to connect.

Other than those two, so far I've really enjoyed WP7.5 and Lumia900. Call quality is excellent, battery life is very good and Nokia Drive is one of the best nav apps around. Skype works, WhatsApp is great, AT&T LTE has been quick (consistent 8-9Mbps in Los Angeles) and tethering a laptop works without a hitch.

No, I haven't sold my N900, but since Raspberry Pi is arriving at my door step any day now, the N900 can take a rest as a test bed, and the Lumia will serve as my dumb, smartphone

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
It is the same.

Email combined with live tiles so that you can add multiple accounts to one tile is great. As a whole txt messages and emails i consider to be Lumia's strenght.
bro can anyone of u tell howz email in N9???

is it like N900 or far better than N900???
does google sync works on N9