Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
@Coderus: have you already received your Jolla?

Today I had situation that my Jolla started to drain battery very fast and also phone did get pretty warm. So I checked what is consuming cpu and it was Mitäkuuluu, almost 200% cpu usage until I restarted it.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Stupid question, but how do I change my status on Whatsapp with Mitakuuluu?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@junnuvi no i'm not
@inffy afaik status change is broken in mitakuuluu

Hi,

I have noticed that the battery on my jolla is draining faster when using mitakuuluu, and this is not happening if I use android whatsapp.

I went back to mitakuuluu yesterday as it is way better than the android app, but I still notice the same with the battery.

Apparently could be something due to the server process...

Has anyone noticed the same? I would like to help here if we can debug or something why the power consumption is higher...

if you close all your applications your battery will work longer

Last edited by coderus; 2014-03-02 at 11:53.

Originally Posted by marcoita View Post
Hi,

I have noticed that the battery on my jolla is draining faster when using mitakuuluu, and this is not happening if I use android whatsapp.
Haven't measure accuracy, but what I have test some times on night, I only got something like 2% more on 6-9 hours versus mitäkuuluu&data closed.

Can I downgrade my mitakuuluu?

The incapability to receive messages really disturbs my daily usage.
I have to quit the app and reopen it every time to see if there are any new messages.

Well, of course I try to close all the applications...

Sometimes is more when changing connection like from wifi at home - 2G/3G outside...

I will test more in the following days...

I noticed yesterday at some point that mitakuuluu-server process was at 21% CPU utilization with top, so I was thinking that can be the issue...

If anyone else got the problem with reregistering account, it's because Mitakuuluu has a bug to save the new password in it's database. You can either wait till coderus fixes it, or fix it manually.

In /home/nemo/.whatsapp/ directory is a database called whatsapp.db. This one you need to update, either on device with sqlite3 binary or by copying to your PC and doing it there in a SQL editor.

You can see your new password in the whasapp.log file after trying to registering. It should look similar like this:

[D 16:13:37 SERVER] src/Whatsapp/warequest.cpp:95 void WARequest::readResult(): Reply: "{"status":"ok","login":"yourphonenumber","pw":"yo urnewlongpassword","type":"existing","expiration": 1551272944,"kind":"paid","price":"0,89 \u20ac","cost":"0.89","currency":"EUR","price_expi ration":1396965887}
"

As I'm not that strong with SQL syntax I copied the DB file to my PC and updated it there. The resulting syntax was:

UPDATE "main"."login" SET "password" = ?1 WHERE "rowid" = 1
Parameters:
param 1 (text): yournewlongpassword

After that I copied it back and set it to privileged group again:
chgrp privileged /home/nemo/.whatsapp/whatsapp.db

Make sure to close Mitakuuluu completely before trying to login with your new credentials:
killall harbour-mitakuuluu
killall harbour-mitakuuluu-server

Now start Mitakuuluu and have fun!

p.s. I'm not sure if this works also with totally new accounts where no database exists yet.

Last edited by Morpog; 2014-03-02 at 15:32.

sqlite3 /home/nemo/.whatsapp/whatsapp.db "update login set password=12345;"

Tags
coderus, it's a trapp, jolla, sailfish, whatsapp, whatscrapp