Active Topics

Originally Posted by inffy View Post
The phone is mainly useless in its current state, as wifi is kind of a mess/disaster. Also the wifi eats a looot of battery
I have had ZERO problems with wifi on my Jolla.... working like a charm. And battery life is also fantastic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
I have had ZERO problems with wifi on my Jolla.... working like a charm. And battery life is also fantastic
Yeah, WiFi only is fine, but once I put a SIM card in and started using mobile Internet connectivity, it often just fails to switch cleanly from one to the other, falling flat on the face into the proverbial mud on the imaginary ground.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
I only got my Jolla week ago, but have had zero issues with connectivity so far. Of course, I installed all the updates immediatly.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
you just is crying like a little kid who don't know anything about software development I can see that.
Yep Mike I fessed up already, irritability got the better of me. 30 years of Project Management in Software development does not make me immune to the odd frustrated moan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Connectivity issues have lessened since I resorted to turning off WIFI before leaving my house, but that's not really an elegant solution. But I'm confident the next update will bring an improvement.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Yeah, WiFi only is fine, but once I put a SIM card in and started using mobile Internet connectivity, it often just fails to switch cleanly from one to the other, falling flat on the face into the proverbial mud on the imaginary ground.
Same kind of problems faced here. The wifi works usually well but I have noticed that many times the connection to wifi gets cut off and after that it is pretty much just trying to connect and gives just "Problem with connection".

The wifi is fine as my iPhone and Lumia can stay on the wifi with no problems.

And because of that connection problem i think the phone has to use more power to constantly switch between wifi -> 3g

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Where are we? Are we there yet?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
i use a very simple workaround for those connection problems:
i never turn on wifi and mobile network at the same time.

you can set shortcuts for both on the settings app and switch easily by hand, when you go outside for a longer time. as long as i'm at home or in the office i only use wifi, when i go outside for a longer time, i turn wifi off and mobile network on.

no problems and very long battery life, when using it that way...

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
hopefully theres a fix for the notifications that seems to spam error with connection when some applications wont let it alone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Jolla started to tag some issues on TJC with 'mar14'

I hope there will be more fixes than linked. LTE-support, network/connman problems and sudden reboots are nor linked with 'mar14'.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"