Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Is it just me or are there any other Xperia X with haptic feedback problems?
A quick search online shows that there are lots of users with vibration issues

Last edited by deutch1976; 2018-09-13 at 15:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
On my F5122 haptic feedback only available within Jolla Apps not Android apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
After some testing i realized i had haptic feedback but it was very low. Installed Maxvol from Storeman, increased volume to 200% and now it seems fine

Ouch! 200% volume may damage your speaker.

I'd reflash to Android and try both haptic and sound there, leave them at normal volume levels under android, and then flash back to Sailfish.

Edit: Or at least reflash the Sailfish image on it again, in case some of the patches have broken in update and are causing the trouble.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post

I'd reflash to Android and try both haptic and sound there, leave them at normal volume levels under android, and then flash back to Sailfish.

Edit: Or at least reflash the Sailfish image on it again, in case some of the patches have broken in update and are causing the trouble.
Those 200% seems like 120% of my former Aquafish

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
How can it, when it is just about audible (at least according to deutch1976)?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
So which was your problem, haptics or audio?

Haptic fb is done via a small motorlike device which shakes the phone, right? so how come boosting audio volume helps with it...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
So which was your problem, haptics or audio?

Haptic fb is done via a small motorlike device which shakes the phone, right? so how come boosting audio volume helps with it...
“Haptic feedback” (or just “haptics”) is the application of forces, vibrations, and motions to help recreate the sense of touch for the user when interacting with a given piece of technology. Haptic technology is often associated with the buzzes and clicks of our smartphone alerts, notifications, and the subtle way they give us feedback as we interact with the device.

Source: https://medium.com/iotforall/intro-t...y-368340400375

So i believe that the sound that pulley down reproduces belongs to this description. If it doesn't, my appologies

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
“Haptic feedback” (or just “haptics”) is the application of forces, vibrations, and motions to help recreate the sense of touch for the user when interacting with a given piece of technology. Haptic technology is often associated with the buzzes and clicks of our smartphone alerts, notifications, and the subtle way they give us feedback as we interact with the device.

Source: https://medium.com/iotforall/intro-t...y-368340400375

So i believe that the sound that pulley down reproduces belongs to this description. If it doesn't, my appologies
I am not sure about sound, on my XperiaX there is no sound when pulling down a pulley menu or type on the vkb for example.
Instead of sound there is haptic feedback, which means the device vibrates slightly on each keypress or "notch" of the pulley menu.

I am still confused on how you can increase that by volume boost?

Last edited by juiceme; 2018-09-13 at 08:50. Reason: correct typo

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I am not sure about sound, on my XperiaX there is no sound when pulling down a pulley menu or type on the vkb for example.
Instead of sound there is haptic feedback, which means the device vibrates slightly on each keypress or "notch" of the pulley menu.

I am still confused on how you can increase that by volume boost?
Try Maxvol on openrepos and test it. Increase to 200% or a bit less and you'll see what i mean