Active Topics

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ NE-Scotland
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
The "/home/user/img-install/" should simply be omitted indeed (that was obviously part of the path of tar in some other installation). Also one should better use the usual mount point for the N900, "/.debian" (after a closechroot). There is actually an app (pwsafe) which puts files into "/debian", which then get masked, though that should in principle be harmless since it's only temporary.
Thank you very much. I will edit as you suggested. I hope to have some time to put everything in the wiki this week.

Thanks again the extra 2 GB will be very useful to add some softwares I wish to test!

Hi! It seems that hacks with xephfocus not helped my russian tablet

The Following User Says Thank You to shanti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Uploaded a new version to Extras-Devel (Easy Debian 0.9.47). This has the PR 1.2 keyboard workaround. Anyone tried it yet?

I'm still ambivalent about the "su -" issue, so I have added two new commands to do it "the rebhana way", you can use "sudo debsu command" or "debbie-sue command" to get the different functionality.

Can I have other beta-testers (especially non-English locales) experiment with debbie-sue and report to me? If I get a general consensus that rebhana's right, then I'll move to "su - " as the default method.
I've updated and it works for me. I've got a Polish hardware keyboard and debian set to Polish. When I go to maemo and get back to debian the keyboard doesn't work, bur using fixlxde kbd makes the keyboad work again

Last edited by fw190; 2010-05-31 at 10:04. Reason: spelling

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Steps to get lxde working with the karmic-rootfs on internal partition:
xephwm5, xephfocus, startlxde1, qobi-wmhint-fix and set-focus are not included in the image i found (These files should be explained in the wiki).
In chroot, install xserver-xephyr, zenity, wmctrl, xbindkeys and habak (Usage of Xephyr should also be explained in the wiki).
Another suggestion for the wiki: Single Windowed Apps should be used with debbie, lxde is better for multi-windowed apps like gimp or dia.
Is it possible to use the accelerometer as a mouse input (like wminput)?

Last edited by mankir; 2010-06-09 at 13:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mankir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Uploaded a new version to Extras-Devel (Easy Debian 0.9.47). This has the PR 1.2 keyboard workaround. Anyone tried it yet?
Works for me (replacing all debbie calls in *.desktop files by debbie-sue now).

In LXDE for some reason I now have a top panel which no longer shows taskLauncher-blue.png, although I see it in the config file. No big deal, since I'm doing regular complete backups (which I herewith warmly recommend to everybody!).

To everybody: this version includes an improved .xbindkeysrc file, which I recommed also. If you haven't added anything yourself to that file, simply do
Code:
cp .xbindkeysrc.dist .xbindkeysrc
(otherwise merge it with your personal .xbindkeysrc file).

The new .xbindkeysrc files should have more reliably working F1-F12 keys through Fn+Shift+(Upper Row), as well as now also Fn+Shift+Left for Escape and Fn+Shift+Right for Tab.

Not (yet ) included is my recommendation to bind the fullscreen toggle to Fn+Shift+Space and Fn+Shift+Up instead of Ctrl+Space and Ctrl+Up. In Maemo, Ctrl+Space switches between input languages, and Ctrl+Up is used as a shortcut in Firefox.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-05-31 at 15:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shanti View Post
Hi! It seems that hacks with xephfocus not helped my russian tablet
Can you describe your problem in some more detail pls?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think I should try to figure out a way to make the keyboard hack independent of the image file, so I can refine the keyboard hack without requiring people to download a new image file... Or maybe I could make the synchroot script update the image with files from a certain directory... Hmmm... any ideas?

I could make the keyboard hack work entirely in Maemo if wmctrl, zenity, and qobi's keyboard hack were available in the Maemo repositories...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I think I should try to figure out a way to make the keyboard hack independent of the image file, so I can refine the keyboard hack without requiring people to download a new image file... Or maybe I could make the synchroot script update the image with files from a certain directory... Hmmm... any ideas?
Maybe the Image Installer script could be extended such that when run in the presence of an already downloaded and unpacked image it asks the user whether he wants to download a new version or to update the exisiting image by just the xephfocus and xephwm5 files (or possibly also /etc/profile to prepare for an su - default), This script could then mount the image and replace these few files by the newer version from your server.

But for the sake of new users and perhaps old ones who want to start all over, I think with OO 3.2.0 available, an update of the image would also be nice.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-05-31 at 19:20.

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
In LXDE for some reason I now have a top panel which no longer shows taskLauncher-blue.png, although I see it in the config file.
Just in case somebody else has the same phenomenon:
Comparing with my backup, this different behavior was caused by line 11 in ~/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels/top
Code:
transparent=0
whereas I had =1 before (perhaps due to the different theme I'm using). Reverting that I have the taskLauncher-blue.png icon back. Why this option should change the icon really beats me. I'm not even sure I want to know. This configuration file anyway warns "Manually editing is not recommended."

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Downloaded and tested 0.9.47 for myself. It works as expected. The secret is to put the keyboard focus icon on your desktop and hit that icon to return to LXDE instead of going back to LXDE through the Dashboard.
Thanks! It seems to work ok and the keyboard is recovered but
I notice that when I apply the fix keyboard, before the LXDE
returns, that following error appears on the screen

/usr/bin/xephfocus line 5: trl command not found

Is this a potential problem?

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze