Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Won't happen unless someone breaks laws of physics and chemistry, or changes Lithium-Ion to some other (yet unknown) material. LiPo-batteries is the best we can get currently and the size/mAh is what it is.
There is no need to be dramatic. By flush with camera I mean that the current back should be about 3 mm taller, so that the camera is at the same level with the rest of the back, with the bonus of stability. This adds another 3 mm to the already 4 mm battery, allowing for an unnamed percentage increase in battery, likely less than 100%.

Also, there's no need to break anything. There are several chemistries out there better than Li-Po in many respects. Don't mistake wide commercial availability with physical impossibility.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

So is there any way to have the graph software account the full capacity or is it accepted to have it work in the 1200> range all the time?

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
It appears the N900 is expecting a normal batteries capacity.

By that I mean, I have been using the Mugen for about 16 hours now and N900 still reports 100% full.

So I am guessing it is like the battery is starting at like 200% and may be currently 140% or so according to the N900's calibration.

Odd, Linux on laptops can handle different capacity batteries. Maybe some software updating is needed for this to work better...

Originally Posted by DaveQB View Post
Odd, Linux on laptops can handle different capacity batteries. Maybe some software updating is needed for this to work better...
Look at the number of contacts on your laptop battery and on the N900 battery, and contemplate the distinction between software and hardware.

And FWIW, I've had at least one laptop that didn't seem to know about different battery capacities; although it's possible that was the fault of my no-name extended battery, it seemed to be a BIOS or hardware issue.

Hmmm interesting. So you think it might not be possible?

I am hoping/expecting, once the battery gets down to about half capacity, the battery indicator and lshal will indicate the charge beginning to drop from 100%

If you boot the n900 when it's cold the battery meter is slightly mre useful..

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think it's cool to have the battery read 100% for hour after hour after hour...

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think it's cool to have the battery read 100% for hour after hour after hour...
Yes this is true. Me too

24 hours without being on charge and still at 100% for me

I just came to work after having the phone on the recharger all night. Just whipped out the thing and saw i had 1 bar left, rebooted and now i have full power again.

It's nice to have this capacity even if completely hectic display of charge level but i don't much like having to reboot the phone all the time...

I too had issues with the N900 reporting back incorrect time left with the battery.

It either had 96-100% or down to empty and beeping at you it needed charging.

Also, I notice some artifacting, see attached.

Concerns me that this battery might be doing damage to the phone. Albeit minor.

Anyone else experience artifacts like these??
Attached Images