Active Topics

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Can anyone confirm that their BT headsets are working with the built-in 'Internet Call' app?

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Anybody manage to get soft poweroff working correctly? I opened a bug, perhaps some of you could do some testing to confirm? Kinda disappointing, as soft poweroff was an important feature.
I can confirm problems with soft poweroff: With 2007, I had it set for the long power button keypress. When I did that, the screen would blank, come back on, then go off until I pressed the power button again.

Now: Same settings as above, long press give the blank, come back on. Now the power button is totally unresponsive.

Is this the problem you are having?

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
388.54 BogoMIPS here (N800 w/fresh 2008 install)
770:
4.2007.26-8 (2007He) 2G kingston MMC boot (no plus): 125.76
same for flash boot.

388.54/125.76 = 3.09; approx clocked 3X faster when compare to the 'classic', the 770.

bun

Does anyone know how to "force" a refresh of the Application Manager? Mine says it was last refreshed on 11/26/2007 and that there are no updates. When I hit the update button, it doesn't do anything. This was not an issue for me in OS2007.

Bring down the application manager menu and go Tools -> Refres application list

Evan.

Silly me...I thought the "Check For Updates" button might work.

Thanks!

Yeah I guess things could be named a little clearer.

The "Check for updates" button checks the catalogue for updates to packages already installed.

And the "refresh application list" is what updates the catalogue.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
anyone noticed that now in order to disable the BT it is needed one more tap?

the "disable BT" option in the drop-down menu from the BT icon disappered, now you just have the "BT properties" entry, that you have to tap, then on the window that'll appear, you can check or uncheck the activation checkbox...

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
anyone noticed that now in order to disable the BT it is needed one more tap?

the "disable BT" option in the drop-down menu from the BT icon disappered, now you just have the "BT properties" entry, that you have to tap, then on the window that'll appear, you can check or uncheck the activation checkbox...
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

beta working nicely here, skype too - only strange thing was had an "unable to refresh list" from app manager when trying to download skype, then restored my backup and app list refreshed properly and skype downloaded and works fine!