Active Topics

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
I tried this in microb on the latest hacker edition and when I tried opening the browser I got an internal application error... I did the following steps:

tar xvzf microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz -C /
cd /user/lib
ln -s libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 libplayback-1.so.0
ln -s /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Did I miss something or does this not work on the 770 Hacker edition with Microb?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
@computerfreak: Did you mean libasound.so? Because flash is using that library, libsound.so is the tray plugin for the volume change.

Try to copy also /usr/lib/libflashsupport.so to get the sound.

I just got a 770 two days ago. I flashed the device with the base OS2006 image from Nokia.

--Install process--

+ I installed the SSH server/client package available on the Maemo garage site for OS2006. I did the install while SSH'd into the 770 from my laptop.

+ Follow Angelock's install process (with one change):
Step 5. Don't move the library, just rename it to libflashplayback.so.3.
This will make a rollback as simple as relinking libflashplayback.so
Angelock's process will work fine.

--Having issues?--

Whatever process you decide to use, make sure that your file permissions aren't muddled.
+ The libraries should be owned by root and have -rw-r--r-- permissions (644).
+ You can fix them like this:
$> chown root:root /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
$> chmod 644 /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so

If minimo won't start, you probably have a permissions issue on /home/user/.mozilla
+ It needs to be owned by user:users
+ Permissions should be rwxrw---- (760)

For what it is worth, I did this process on a freshly flashed 770 without microb and without minimo.

--Impressions--

+ Flash 9 works pretty well for smaller flash apps.

+ Youtube
I get an error saying that Flash or Javascript isn't working/up-to-date.
I verified both are on and working. Not sure why Youtube pitches the error.
*updated* I let Youtube sit on a video and it did finally load. Unfortunately I got the same garbled playback as with other .flv files.

+ Pandora
No luck yet. Poor performance and script errors aplenty.

+ FLV playback.
I do get .flv playback in the browser. However, it doesn't run so well with large files. Frame-by-frame the image looks fine. If I try to let it play at normal speed, it looks like scrambled cable. My assumption is that my little 770 just can't handle the load.

+ TinyTube.net
Supposed to be geared towards mobile device Youtube playback. Doesn't seem to work on the 770 with Opera. Haven't tried to fix it yet. Has anyone else given TinyTube a shot?
*updated* Tinytube will work if you download the video and open it with the Video player. However, the search function on Tinytube doesn't produce the same results as the search function on Youtube.

--
jeeps

Last edited by jeeps; 2007-11-28 at 18:07.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
well i tried this with opera and it apepars to work - dslrepots claims i have flash 9.0.31.17 installed

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?...verifyplugin=1

he should really edit that first ln -s to be /usr/lib

Youtubes give me garbage though...

computerfreak, i am a newbie... to linux also. where do u enter the codes? step by step plz?

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
uh-oh, lost my original libflashplayer.so, can someone tell me where I can get a copy?

due to immense stupidity on my part, I cocked up making a copy, so still managed to overwrite the only copy of the .so file.
please help - I cannot start web browser at all - checked from command line and it opens a blank windows and then segfaults.

sigh.

Last edited by speculatrix; 2007-11-27 at 23:56.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
uh-oh, lost my original libflashplayer.so, can someone tell me where I can get a copy?

due to immense stupidity on my part, I cocked up making a copy, so still managed to overwrite the only copy of the .so file.
please help - I cannot start web browser at all - checked from command line and it opens a blank windows and then segfaults.

sigh.
Try:

http://www.resolvent.com/N770/

The Following User Says Thank You to dont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
that's great, thanks!

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
After a little hassle I was able to install this Flash 9 and get it working on my Nokia N770 ( with latest original Nokia Build ). The issue I faced were perhaps specific to my Device. Firstly, I could not download the Flash File to the default location as it kept downloading to ' Documents '. Untaring it from there did not work. Copying the Flash File to the Flash Card and then Untaring it from there did not work either.

Finally after a little Google search I was able to figure out how to copy the Flash File to ' root ' and to Untar it from there. After that, it was rather easy just following the steps outlined by ' computerfreak '.

Thanks.

Last edited by Arjun; 2008-01-03 at 16:42.