Notices

They have annoucements under "Showcase" when you log into the program:
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti...1237874296.jpg

If they have a free game, a weekend trial or a $1 game, you just find the game in "Marketplace" and select it and it will give you the options from there. select full play pass and it should show what the price is. there might be a promo code for this one instead of "$0", haven't tried this on a tablet yet and the offers tend only last for a small amount of time, a few hours or a few days. Check their facebook page for the promos: https://www.facebook.com/OnLive

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
I guess I must have missed it or something. Could the offer be USA only? Anyone in the UK been able to get the free stuff? I can see all the free trials etc but haven't seen any free games yet.

After some searching it looks like the free lego batman deal was expired yesterday. Must have just missed it. don't suppose anyone got a code they don't want? lol
Well- it's worth a try

Last edited by kyllerbuzcut; 2011-12-13 at 18:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to kyllerbuzcut For This Useful Post:
The offer was open to the UK too. They did not give any code for lego batman, as it was activated when you create the account. I count not find it at first either until I logged back the next day and found it listed under MyGames. (Maybe I just neede to sign out?)

Thanks for the heads up on the day passes/Promos linuxeventually, I may have to sign up to facebook *Shudders*.

I will have to scratch lego batman from the first post too.

Just use some low-latency virtual desktop, and you can stream games from Your own home machine For sake of fun and experiment, I've once tried Witcher 2 on N900 via VNC, configured for as low latency as it's possible - and, surprisingly, it was *almost* playable - not problem with traveling, conversing, using items etc, only fight was obviously little too slow.

Of course, VNC *is not* low latency virtual desktop, so people with enough knowledge and motivation, can try this

/Estel

// Edit

In case someone haven't noticed, low-latency virtual desktop is almost literally what onlive does. It just use proprietary virtual desktop software and servers (limited to allow using of games per-installed on their HD's, obviously), and request you to pay them for using their non-Open solution
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ In a dream
Looks awesome.
If device is overclocked will that increase playability. Sound sounded dodgy on first few youtube videos.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Just use some low-latency virtual desktop, and you can stream games from Your own home machine For sake of fun and experiment, I've once tried Witcher 2 on N900 via VNC, configured for as low latency as it's possible - and, surprisingly, it was *almost* playable - not problem with traveling, conversing, using items etc, only fight was obviously little too slow.

Of course, VNC *is not* low latency virtual desktop, so people with enough knowledge and motivation, can try this

/Estel

// Edit

In case someone haven't noticed, low-latency virtual desktop is almost literally what onlive does. It just use proprietary virtual desktop software and servers (limited to allow using of games per-installed on their HD's, obviously), and request you to pay them for using their non-Open solution

You know what? This post had me thinking for a couple if days. Although it is not quite related to OnLive, there has been news of Alien Dalvik 2.0 which uses a similar server dependant tech running on iOS... So the thought eventually came to me that maybe it would be possible to run some sort of low latency networked android device for certain apps? This may be a good enough reason to buy an Angstrom device after all, maybe?

Originally Posted by passm View Post
Looks awesome.
If device is overcooked will that increase playability. Sound sounded dodgy on first few youtube videos.
The sound is just bad on all games, I will admit. However, I have not tried any other phone versions of the Onlive launcher to be sure in all honesty. Many of the games do play well enough for me to actually consider signing up for the monthly pass as it seems like a better deal than the UK's lovefilm offer, for the number of games that can be accessed at will and I can always pick up my game save from the PC.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2011-12-17 at 01:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
onlive, onlive n900, real games?