Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
You did used official application and sent email with filled debug data?

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
You did used official application and sent email with filled debug data?
@ Coderus,

Yes I did it that way (email + debug data)

Could you please tell all of us in your opinion what are the chances to be banned again?

Many Thanks

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
In the midst of all this, do we know exactly what the banned folk tried to do via Yappari that got them banned? Registration? Or was it different things?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
absolutely nothing strange: chatting, sending images or vocal notes. They ban me when before last yappari's update (in that case yappare tried to connect for 3 or 4 hours)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brian747 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
absolutely nothing strange: chatting, sending images or vocal notes. They ban me when before last yappari's update (in that case yappari tried to connect for 3 or 4 hours)
Same happened to me (plus the registration screen showed up asking for a number; tried to log in with my number but no success at all; later checked with an official version: result "your number is NOT authorised")

Got unbanned through email+log (+ threat not to use ANY non-official whatsapp client)

Still waiting for any gentle/witty piece of advice regarding how to proceed for not to be "caught" again... NOT USING YAPPARI YET but crappy android+official whatsapp

Cheers

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to capitannemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by capitannemo View Post
Still waiting for any gentle/witty piece of advice regarding how to proceed for not to be "caught" again...
... and that is exactly why I asked what I did, so that we know what not to do.

Things is, I use Yappari daily but I don't stay connected and so log on and off. When the protocol changed, and I saw the connection error, I held off using Yappari and came to this forum - that told me what was happening.

Problem is if Yappari hammers away at the server after a protocol change that may be enuff to get noticed. And trying to register dug the hole deeper.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
I believe so too. Most of the folks got banned during protocol change. I wasn't using Yappari at that time though. But followed the thread. What I saw that most of you guys tried registering again and again until there was a fix. Even when people here suggested not too and even WhatsApp itself. Right now I can only say that if you get unbanned then try not to register too many times from Yappari or else you will surely be noticed. And if there is a protocol change again, then everyone just stop using Yappari until the fix. I also believe that communities one wrong move can lead to the downfall of Yappari.

So. be cautious, smart and patient.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princefakhan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Grailham City
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
... and that is exactly why I asked what I did, so that we know what not to do.

Things is, I use Yappari daily but I don't stay connected and so log on and off. When the protocol changed, and I saw the connection error, I held off using Yappari and came to this forum - that told me what was happening.

Problem is if Yappari hammers away at the server after a protocol change that may be enuff to get noticed. And trying to register dug the hole deeper.

It is a theory, but honestly: I doubt it.

After my number got blocked a few weeks ago (way before the others were blocked) , I stopped using Yappari after the first registration attempt, because the message “You are blocked” was obvious.

2 days ago I uninstalled Yappari, reinstalled current version, registered with a brand new number, succeeded. Then wrote only a few messages before this number got blocked as well – within less than an hour!

I have received the same warning (for both numbers) as the other folks “don’t use unofficial client again blablabla”. Both numbers are unblocked now – took the support 2 days.

If you did not get blocked yet, I think you are just lucky, but I am afraid it is just a matter of time.

However: I would like to thank again everybody involved in this software, I have enjoyed using it! Now I am left with whatsApp and a second phone to carry around, because I do not want to give up my N900. Sad times…

Cheers!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to simsalabim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
They know we are using an unofficial client. Hence, new users can't register with Yappari and nor the blocked ones.

Could anyone share their experience if they recently registered with Yappari. I believe that is the case.

I suddenly lost my connection "server connection closed"
restarted yappari..
I had to register...clicked on "call me"..server response: blocked

is this a ban?...or some changes in protocoll or something like that?

Last edited by rusuck; 2015-03-28 at 00:14.

Tags
whatsapp, yappari