Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
there are contact sync process , the app uploads your contacts (numbers and names i think) to whatsapp server , checks who have whatsapp installed and returns that info back to you as an ofline/online buddies
So in this case it would also be neccessary to put this in a external Programm?!
What else did you find out up to now? - Maybe we can all throw our information together and based on this we can create an working version with Eion?!

What is your source at the Moment where you get your information and how far are you?

no no need for external program , this all can be done after the login process

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
there are contact sync process , the app uploads your contacts (numbers and names i think) to whatsapp server , checks who have whatsapp installed and returns that info back to you as an ofline/online buddies
And at the mean time it creates a nice little database of all your private contact information, or not?

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
And at the mean time it creates a nice little database of all your private contact information, or not?
Not sure of that ! i'll check it up

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
it might be that code is generated on erver so it wouldn't be helpfull? =\

I just experimented a little bit but I wasn't able to make a working connection to the WhatsApp XAMPP Server

So in this case I'm basicly at the point I'm not able to programm or give Information anymore :S
If somebody who knows how XAMPP works and can make a connection "from scratch" to an server or exactly know how these connections work I maybe can tell him what I read in the source-code and he can modify an default XAMPP-Connection to the different way WhatsApp is doing it.
Baisicly I already posted the way WhatsApp Connects to the server (starts the connection) in the first post. The only thing that I found now are the constructors for the ProtocolTreeNode which look like this: http://pastebin.com/zQN9n9hp
With this I would think that somebody who knows how to send the Data to an XAMPP Server knows what the content of the sent/read XML is?! - How exactly WhatsApp sends the Data doesn't matter, it's important what it sends I think... (or does it matter? )

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
It looks like it would be possible. The fact that WhatsApp also doesn't encrypt the sent messages etc. is already known so I wouldn't wonder if in this behavior also is an security-issue

If we would "outsource" the search for contacts in an own app we may can build a "security" layer into it so that we decide which Numbers are send to WhatsApp to check if they have an Account?! - At least this would be a little bit more "secure"
But I dunno how exactly the contact-thing works so these are just my thoughts without background information...

WhatsApp so when the app is published ... ...
thank you...

Originally Posted by ColaCheater View Post
It looks like it would be possible. The fact that WhatsApp also doesn't encrypt the sent messages etc. is already known so I wouldn't wonder if in this behavior also is an security-issue

If we would "outsource" the search for contacts in an own app we may can build a "security" layer into it so that we decide which Numbers are send to WhatsApp to check if they have an Account?! - At least this would be a little bit more "secure"
But I dunno how exactly the contact-thing works so these are just my thoughts without background information...
i believe all contact updating and fetching are going through pidigin in the usual plugins , like the gtalk , it updates ur contacts (online/offline)

i believe all contact updating and fetching are going through pidigin in the usual plugins , like the gtalk , it updates ur contacts (online/offline)
Yeah, when you have the Account in your Contact list the Pidgin plugin should hande this.
I thought you talked about finding new contacts - the process of checking if anyone in your Contacts has WhatsApp. I dunno how this works but if it usually would send the whole contact list of you to the server I thought it may would be better when we would be able to integrate some options so that not the whole adress book is sent to WhatsApp but instead only the Numbers you want to check

Edit: But I think the most important at the moment is that we find somebody who knows how XAMPP works and who can Programm the (Pidgin) plugin for the N900 (and maybe also for the N9)... - I failed at trying to do something like this

Last edited by ColaCheater; 2012-02-04 at 17:23.