Active Topics

Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
i guess N9 with Alien Dalvik would be better...

If only!

Originally Posted by jpala16 View Post
N900 with Alien Dalvik would be better too. Why (why why why why why) we are not able to get that incredible feature? I wouldn't be needing an Android device for anything. Oh, got it, that's why.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
iOS and Android both use the same freeze state multitasking method.
Example, open a youtube video in your browser or application, open another tab in the browser or start an application, the youtube video will pause - Android 3.2
And: while switching between browser and WiFi settings on an Galaxy Tab 10.1 (still Honeycomb 3.1), the browser always lost its open tabs content somehow, i.e. i just got a browser back that was like newly opened. If ICS shows the same behavior, good night.

I can update feeds and packages using Preware while at the same time preload a Youtube video while at the same time load several tabs in the Browser over a slow connection while at the same time play a session of Glow Hockey HD. Show me that, Android. Only thing, that pushing a game / program in the background seems to mute the audio. Maybe there will also be a community patch for that; it's PulseAudio after all.

Even webOS which has decent but still improvable multi-tasking (there's a patch to "un-pause" videos" btw, so no counter-argument here!) is not _that_ good for let's say more than 4 windows (sorry, "cards") opened.

The only feature that Android seems to have positively over webOS is home screens / widgets. Maybe additionally BT tethering to (other) devices / phones, but Honeycomb also sucked here in my and my colleague's tests.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-10-24 at 08:30.

Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
i guess N9 with Alien Dalvik would be better...
Hope I'm not asking something too RTFM-ish, but what happened to this? >.< I thought android compatibility with Alien Dalvik was "promised". Is it just not done, or has it been scratched?