Active Topics

I happen to have a prototype N9 in use. Looks and feels great! But: OVI Suite doesn't support it at the present. A few questions:

1. How could I transfer SMS messages from N900 to N9
2. If I don't transfer them now and simply start using N9, can i LATER transfer all the N900 messages without deleting all the new messages I have received in the meanwhile in N9?

Any info on this?

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
What happens if you just copy the files over?

Can you be more specific? Which files I need from N900 and where are they stored on the device? And where should I copy them in N9?

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Conversations are stored in a SQL Lite database. El-v1.db is the file name. Depending on the database used on N9 you could be able just to transfer the file over.

For more info on that, you can check this thread about conversations. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58984

Also there is a Wiki page on this in Meego.com http://wiki.meego.com/Migrating_from_N900_to_N950

Last edited by miqu; 2011-10-10 at 11:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miqu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
As stated above, conversations on the N900 are stored in a SQLite DB. On the N9, I believe they are stored in the tracker.

I've been working on a event import/exporter for the last few months on and off...but I didn't get a N950...so no support I can probably advise you about exporting them though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
N9 can import SMS messages from the SIM card. Maybe you can export the messages from N900 to the SIM card and from there into N9?

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
N9 can import SMS messages from the SIM card. Maybe you can export the messages from N900 to the SIM card and from there into N9?
Well, except that you can't put the sim from a N900 into a N9.

(Without using a pair of scissors, and then you couldn't go back the other way).

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnHughes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I would say SQlite export; the tracker backend on N9 is probably also SQlite-based. One just has to figure out the database scheme / table space.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JohnHughes View Post
Well, except that you can't put the sim from a N900 into a N9.

(Without using a pair of scissors, and then you couldn't go back the other way).

There are adapters for making microsim -> normal sim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: