Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
same did all steps no luck
did u unstall all other protocols and just installed msn ? I had the same issue when I had pidgin and extra protocol plugin installed but after removing all of them and just installing msn made it work.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajamils For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belfast
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
did u unstall all other protocols and just installed msn ? I had the same issue when I had pidgin and extra protocol plugin installed but after removing all of them and just installing msn made it work.
still no luck?

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
ok i got it working ajamils.

i followed your instructions and uninstalled all addons/pidgin etc then installed just the MSN Protocol plugin 0.7

the following is what i noted

1) I cannot initiate any form of conversation with any of my contacts in any way ...i get a list of my online contacts on my N900 fine, when i click a contact the contacts details appear up showing just the nickname (as per the image file i have uploaded at the bottom of this post) with as i say no way to initiate a conversation with any of my contacts.

2) a contact can initiate a conversation with me and i can then have a conversation with them in text format absoluteley fine

3) if my contact clicks the 'call' button on their msn on their pc I receive on my N900 a phone call alert with my ringtone on my phone - i answer and can have a phone conversation with no video.

4)if my contact clicks 'video' button on their msn on their pc I receive on my N900 a phone call alert with my ringtone on my phone - i answer and i see my friends webcam image displayed very clearly on my phone with audio from my friend. my friend can hear me and see the video of me from the camera on the front of my N900!

So confirmed ajamils ... it does work.
But sadly the MSN Protocol plugin 0.7 alone is not viable as I cannot initiate a conversation with any of my contacts ... I have to wait for someone sat at home on their pc to contact me.
Is it the same for you??

****please note on the picture the words MESSAGE ME ON OTHER MSN LOGIN is because that is a dormant msn account i have which i used this evening to try this out myself. It would normally be the persons status/name there.
Attached Images

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
All the IM account plugins have been updated to v0.8 as of a few minutes ago. See if you're still having problems after updating.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
All the IM account plugins have been updated to v0.8 as of a few minutes ago. See if you're still having problems after updating.
disables repos, which made my lists empty,
then enabled again, which filled the lists back up.
msn protocol plugin for conversations and contacts is still showing as version 0.7???

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
disables repos, which made my lists empty,
then enabled again, which filled the lists back up.
msn protocol plugin for conversations and contacts is still showing as version 0.7???
Probably in extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
ok.
dont normally do extras devel but on this occasion....

***obviously uninstalled all current msn apps.***

installed MSN protocol plugin for conversations and contacts 0.8
1) I can now initiate a conversation with any of my contacts

2) my contact clicks the 'call' button on their pc's msn it just rings and rings and rings then eventually it says .. fraaaaanka@sky.com is not answering.

3) my contact clicks the 'video' button on their pc's msn it just rings and rings and rings then eventually it says .. fraaaaanka@sky.com is not answering.

so ... not working!
seems they have fixed the fact you couldnt initiate a contact in 0.7
but
broken the feature in 0.7 that a contact could initiate a call or video with you!

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belfast
aftre installling plugin update cant recieve video calls at all

with older version recieved call but insta disconnect

there must be a solution out there???????
a
..n
....y
......o
........o
..........o
............o
..............o
................o
..................n
....................e
.......................????????????????????

just tried 0.8 version and video call no longer works. As for issue with initiating chat with 0.7 version, I initially had that issue but after a reboot t went away and was able to chat without any issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajamils For This Useful Post: