Notices

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Austria
I installed the ext2 appliance abiword on my N810, and it is five times more stable than maemo abiword, and five times faster than easy debian open office writer. However, I think there is a typo in
ext2run /media/mmc2/fs2imgs/abiword-debian-100meg.ext2.tar.gz
I had to decompress the image with
gzip -d /media/mmc2/fs2imgs/abiword-debian-100meg.ext2.tar.gz
and
tar -xf /media/mmc2/fs2imgs/abiword-debian-100meg.ext2.tar
before
ext2run /media/mmc2/fs2imgs/abiword-100meg.ext2
did work.

The Following User Says Thank You to petersteier For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Austria
Huh? - for me, opening a .doc file from file manager works, but not from the web browser or mail attachments. How can I debug this?

The Following User Says Thank You to petersteier For This Useful Post:
hmm... i found the problem... i commented out a line of code... and have no idea why.

You can edit (as root) the /usr/bin/ext2chroot and uncomment the line that reads :
mount -o bind /var/tmp $CHROOT/var/tmp

Opening from browser or email saves to /var/tmp first and chroot cant see it unless that directory is symlinked.

I'll fix and release sometime soon but you can make the change mentioned above if you dont want to wait.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Umm, maybe removing this line will break something else?

Of course not i never make mistakes I prefer to think of this as similar to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle whereby its only mistake because someone observed it.

But no if the appliance has a /var/tmp i want to map it.

I updated the installers to 1.0.7 with this fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
hmm... i found the problem... i commented out a line of code... and have no idea why.

You can edit (as root) the /usr/bin/ext2chroot and uncomment the line that reads :
mount -o bind /var/tmp $CHROOT/var/tmp

Opening from browser or email saves to /var/tmp first and chroot cant see it unless that directory is symlinked.

I'll fix and release sometime soon but you can make the change mentioned above if you dont want to wait.
I vaguely remember that there was a problem when opening big files. The tmp directory wasn't sufficient or something like that, and someone proposed to use a different directory instead in the mmc.. Could it be something like that? Of course I might be completely confused and wrong.

EDIT: Aaa!! just remembered that this was for OpenOffice.. Sorry

Last edited by Saturn; 2009-04-21 at 22:32.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Hello all, just to tell you that i finally found how to get Abiword working fine on my n810 ...

It was always crashing very often ... untill I simply deactivate autospell correction system. I guess there is a problem with this part of Abiword's port.

Or maybe is it because my device is in French ?

Anyway, now it works fine !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to totololo For This Useful Post:
any news on the .docx thing?

Tags
abiword, office