Active Topics

How do you do that? When I connect my N9 to Nokia Suite (3.2.66 Beta) with USB cable it simply says "Sorry, but this device can't be used with Nokia Suite".

The device firmware is : 10.2011.34-1_PR_001

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
There are adapters for making microsim -> normal sim
Be careful, though, as some of them don't fit all normal sim trays and slots very well.

I bought one ("you best" brand) so that I could move my SIM between my N900 and my N9, but it didn't fit in the N900's SIM holder.

I replaced it with another one from the same manufacturer, and it's a better fit. Still quite tight, but works...

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by itpastorn View Post
I managed to transfer SMS messages from the n900 to my n9 using Nokia suite (the beta). Both PC Suite and the Ovi suite failed.

I used backup and restore, however I have not checked for completenesss

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia...-beta?req=true
How did you do that? I also have latest (just freshly updated) Nokia Suite Beta and it doesn't recognize the N9.

On my computer it just worked... Beyond that I've got no idea.

Could you post more details, plese. What is your phone firmware? What was the actual Nokia Suite version number? Did you use USB? Please post all the details as this is the reason I'm not using N9 right now. I NEED the damn SMS messages..

This is REALLY odd. Why would it work for some and not for others?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
I also need this feature. Will try this with Nokia Suite Beta and report my findings.

My setup:

Nokia Suite 3.2.54 for Windows

Firmware 10.2011.34-1.339.01.2_PR_339

I used USB

I have on other occassions experienced flakiness with both Wifi and BT. (Posted questions in other threads.)

Originally Posted by itpastorn View Post
My setup:

Nokia Suite 3.2.54 for Windows

Firmware 10.2011.34-1.339.01.2_PR_339

I used USB

I have on other occassions experienced flakiness with both Wifi and BT. (Posted questions in other threads.)

I tried installing Nokia Suite beta, but didn't work I hope somebody finds another solution, because it would be nice to get the old messages copied to the N9

Ooops! I have unwillingly lied to you all. I did not check thoroughly. Messages have not been transfered, only a list of everyone I've had a conversation with...

The Following User Says Thank You to itpastorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Sad, but it makes much more sense now...

Thanks !