Originally Posted by great_uq View Post
mine can update succesful to 42-11, but after phone boot the internal memory (27GB partition) is corrupted. Only 2GB application memory appeared.
Anyone experienced the same?

in dev/mmc* said access denied aventhough i've already gain root
You should really log this issue in bugs.maemo.org
Seems like a critical issue here.

Originally Posted by great_uq View Post
I discover that the internal memory is mounted on /dev/mmcblk0p3 rather than /dev/mmcblk0p1
That's strange/worrying, /dev/mmcblk0p3 is normally the swap partition. What do the commands "df" and "cat /proc/swaps /proc/partitions" say?

Originally Posted by lma View Post
That's strange/worrying, /dev/mmcblk0p3 is normally the swap partition. What do the commands "df" and "cat /proc/swaps /proc/partitions" say?
cat /proc/swaps indicate /dev/mmcblk0p1 as swap partition

cat /proc/partitions
mmcblk0 31264768
mmcblk0p1 786431
mmcblk0p2 2097152
mmcblk0p3 28381184

internal memory and swap interchange?

Looks like it, but why/how would that happen? I guess it was like that from the start, otherwise you would have lost the stuff under /home/user/MyDocs etc.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I thought I read that the 300 loaner devices had to be updated via a different method?

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nomad
Only read the message about the different method after updating the loaner device

Mine froze at 1 sec remaining. Go figure!

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by realitygaps View Post
Anyways thanks nokia for reminding me why I stopped using proprietary POS software. Im still disappointed that there is no image for the linux flasher on a so called 'open' device.
Uhm, flashable images for linux flasher: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

How many people have NSU issues? You aren't the first I've heard about.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.