Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
so i've had the n900 since its release last November. I've never had any problems unless i installed a devel app and it made my battery drain a little faster. Other than that i have no complaints. The n900 is getting old now but i think it is still the most stable phone on the market. I've tried to google and find how long people have had their droids and other phones running without a restart and i almost always find that people need to restart their phone often. I have yet to need to restart my phone except for a firmware flash or an application update in rare cases. I would like to hear some responses on this. I'm curious to know if n900 is the most stable phone out of all the phones we have right now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
I can tell that mine hardly crashed (I had to remove the battery) twice in one year, and I suspect one of those had been caused by the device doing too much things while overclocked (gps+bluetooth+hearing music while running under the snow) - well, to be honest a year will be in 4 days
Not counting here obviously all crashes due to many experiments surely due to -devel apps or pushing OC limits

The Following User Says Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
I'd second that, never had many problems.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaastin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Leeds, England
I must be unlucky in having almost constant glitches like not rendering menu transitions or fonts properly alongside needing a reboot every day or so to keep it running at full speed!

I'm very happy about the stability of my n900.

But there is even more:
The phone!
There are so many people saying that the phone of the n900 wasn't good.
I'm very happy about the phone.
Even if the n900 is very busy it always responds to phone calls.

The only thing:
If the n900 is used intensively it becomes irresponsiv.
I restart my phone every morning (I've installed the "restart" option in the power menu).

Hmm my experience is so frustrating that I am just on the verge of selling mine. Maybe I should uninstall everything I have from developers and testing and give the N900 one very last chance.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
I think N900 is extremely stable. In fact the only phone that I had that regularily reached similar long uptimes was the Samsung OmniaHD (Symbian S60v5 on same OMAP chipset as N900) with one of the last official firmwares.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
mine does occasionally just reboot, but its like once a week, and i've got it overclocked. it seemed to happen more when i first got it, maybe the updates to the OS made it more stable.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nigeria
My N900 is pretty stable... Really not had issues except when I was installing Apps from Devils... It's a cool phone...

The Following User Says Thank You to Jude For This Useful Post:
super stable n900 here too. only have had to reboot when the battery dies...