Thanks, good to know, i'll bear that in mind in the future. Its moot just now tho as I sent it back today. Fingers crossed that all is well with the replacement. I'm very interested to know why its happening at all in the first place though. Any ideas?

Hi

Having the same problem as you mate. My story is exactly the same, had the phone since tues, was using it this morning and then suddenly sim card registration failed. with the red line through the sim. Can anyone help

Another satisfied user here with the same problems. Considering a total reflash too. Maybe later today.

I've reflashed to no avail, I've had to send it back to the guy who I bought it from, good old ebay. The worst thing is, the phone works perfectly but I just can't get any sort of reception.

Did you do a flash with the new firmware? I'm doing a flash with the vanilla firmware? That one entirely eraises everything on your N900 after that flash you can do a flash with the latest firmware.

Yes, did it all that, but it didn't resolve the problem. Give it a go and tell me what happens. I'm gonna post this off at 1 so if yours works. I'll give it another go.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
I was one of the original posters here who has been having this problem ever since I got the phone several months back. My wife got hers from Dell, and mine came from Amazon. My wife's N900 never had the problem of the sim card. Only mine does and when that "No Sim" comes on, you have to open and close the keyboard to get it to re-register with the network. That's the temporary fix for now.

Now as for flashing, I flashed twice using NSU and it never helped. In fact, right after I flash the phone and the thing is brand spanking new, I get that "No Sim" like 20 times a day. It's only as time goes on, do I get it less often.

And no I haven't installed any repositories anymore and haven't downloaded sh*t anymore cos I'm soo sick of this device. I swear I can rant for days but what's most frustrating is this "No Sim" problem and missing calls and text and calls dropping left and right. Never in my 10 years with T-Mobile did I have dropped calls or no service until this expensive piece of shi*t N900 entered my life.

This is why I have it for sale on Craigslist. $450 for anyone who is interested. This is if I don't run over it with my car very soon.

Been having this problem for a few weeks now, sometimes its working fine and then some days it decides the sim card wont get recongised!

It has been a week now since I flashed my N900 with the vanilla firmware after that I have flashed it with the latest firmware. Haven't seen the 'no sim-card' symbol since.

Last edited by Dirkjl; 2010-03-09 at 08:45.

You should check out this thread here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=559717

Contains some useful info about rectifying this issue.

Tags
n900, not recognized, problem, sim, sim card, sim problem