Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
]

Extremely minor nitpick, but since we're giving feedback.

Not sure if the that screen needs both the danish Velkommen! and the norweigian Velkommen!, since they are spelled 100% identically. Altough, it could work as nordic language puzzle for non-nordic users.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I'm sure that I - like everyone else - is getting as much information as they can from wherever they can right now.
This is excellent and highly apreciated. Anyway, my feedback to Jolla is:
Announce what is the preferred/official feedback channel. At the same time keep on listening these unofficial channels.

My experience is that you need these both types of feedback if you want to collect any useful information.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Must be a patent infringement to call it a battery cover
That is nice statement!

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Show us the terminal! type uname -a & cat /proc/cpuinfo! What are the repos avaliable by default on zypper?
cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v71)
processor : 0
BogoMIPS : 13.53

processor : 1
BogoMIPS : 13.53

Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4
CPU implementer : 0x51
CPU architecture : 7
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0x04d
CPU revision : 4

Hardware : QCT MSM8930 CDP
Revision : 300000
Serial : 0000000000000000

uname -a
Linux localhost 3.4.0.20131115.2 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 18 03:00:49 UTC 2013 armv71 armv71 armv71 GNU/Linux

I didn't cut&paste these so hopefully there isn't any errors.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaGWEWrCcAAUDwW.png]

Extremely minor nitpick, but since we're giving feedback.

Not sure if the that screen needs both the danish Velkommen! and the norweigian Velkommen!, since they are spelled 100% identically. Altough, it could work as nordic language puzzle for non-nordic users.
Yeah, but try telling a Danish person that they're really writing Norwegian and they'll probably glare at you. :-p

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
In my experience its more productive to tell danes that they really ought to try learn to speak swedish properly.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
Kollin, why don't you just stick with androphone and google? Who needs google on jPhone?
Because currently many apps are Android (and other crap) only. Not being able to install the play store isn't a real problem per se, but simply trying to get APK's will get really annoying really fast. I see myself battling with customer services trying to get a direct link to a APK, hitting brick walls of "What do you mean? Simply download it from the play store"-idiocy again and again.

I guess Jolla users will get first hand experience just how much grip Google has on the Android ecosystem...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Yandex registeration didn't work with mobile phone number recovery. It complained wrong country. I had to use secret question mode.

I don't like the touch keyboard on the Yandex.Store. Maybe it is the default keyboard for Android apps but I hope not.

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Because currently many apps are Android (and other crap) only. Not being able to install the play store isn't a real problem per se, but simply trying to get APK's will get really annoying really fast. I see myself battling with customer services trying to get a direct link to a APK, hitting brick walls of "What do you mean? Simply download it from the play store"-idiocy again and again.

I guess Jolla users will get first hand experience just how much grip Google has on the Android ecosystem...
One reason more to develop for Sailfish!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post

Expect first devel repo only app that works with play store in the upcoming days(hours?), which could be problematic as all Jolla users will enable devel :/ and then google will start coming up with ****blocks... Will be interesting for sure

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience