Active Topics

Originally Posted by corkpcp View Post
Indeed it is whining. I am disapointed as a little child, who finds out that Santa itsn't real.

I am also sure that Jolla will give the community a very good phone, but this hardcore community cannot even find out which CPU the phones has. That is not open source mentality and support to the community - who they strongly need for The Other Half products and native software.
3 posts before yours

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
Any Native programs that are being programmed by Jolla ?

Development is not really easy as SDK is still a moving target.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Hijacking this question to talk a bit about Jolla and open source.
I answered in the relevant thread to avoid off-topic here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91721&page=12

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I haven't cancelled, but I have exactly 0€ invested. The rest is just hope that Jolla succeeds where few that small (company is still under 100) have before.

I'd say deploy some patience. Their plans are yet to be unfurled for the non-EU and many other places not named Finland. But it's coming.

Jolla has confirmed all of the points that are worth talking about as they're confirmed. That is something I can respect.

And I'm about as skeptical as you can get.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Bremen, Germany
No, I haven't and I won't. Is this product perfect? No. But show me a thing that is perfect. The Jolla team did a great job, they said that they want to ship in Q4 2013 and they did! Even Tizen with Samsung in the backseat did not stick to the schedule.

Just relax, life is to short to be so damn uptight. But it is your money, and you can do whatever you want with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to max_power For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
This thread is all about high hopes, which obviously can turn into deep disappointment. Myself, I knew it would be an adventure when placing the 100 euro order back in May. Never done such a thing before when ordering a phone. And now: this is where we are. Anxiously awaiting the delivery to happen. Will it work? And meanwhile sitting and reading bug messages, unable to do anything. So hey, this is what the adventure turns out to be: something you didn't expect.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
This thread is all about high hopes...
I gotta ask though... how would a thread about cancellations be about high hopes? I see the converse. And that's fine too.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
That's what Jolla (Marc?) said in an interview - they were being pessimistic.
Come Monday I will have PAID two weeks ago. Which will leave 1 to 2 weeks on Jolla's promise. And no 'tracking number, not even the vaguely exciting 'in picking yet'. I'd say it isn't pessimistic at all. I'd say it is beginning to look optimistic.

I'd suggest we had a stocking challenge that Jolla could not or would not admit to.

EDIT:Just seen the post in this thread that tells us that the phones are in stock and will still hit suggested ship dates. Still not sure how that is completely likely since the status of my order is still just 'Paid' - but Hurrah!

Last edited by strongm; 2013-12-06 at 21:45.

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Come Monday I will have PAID two weeks ago. Which will leave 1 to 2 weeks on Jolla's promise. And no 'tracking number, not even the vaguely exciting 'in picking yet'. I'd say it isn't pessimistic at all. I'd say it is beginning to look optimistic.
I only said what they said. I'm cautiously optimistic though, bearing in mind that shipping within Europe takes less than a week, so plenty of time to go I'd say :-)

tshirt took almost 4 weeks for me....

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post: