Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
We got the first donation!
5€ from ANNONYMOUS (I will edit this post if I get the permission from the tmo user to publish the name/nickname)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Another donation:
10€ from ANNONYMOUS (I will edit this post if I get the permission from the tmo user to publish the name/nickname)

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Erm, did another one but probably not quite right now...

Had to make the maemo part smaller to fit in the org.
I'm aware i'm not following the space requirements for the meego logo, but it just wont fit in at all if i do!!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Erm, did another one but probably not quite right now...

Had to make the maemo part smaller to fit in the org.
I'm aware i'm not following the space requirements for the meego logo, but it just wont fit in at all if i do!!
Wouldn't be better/easier to JUST say
"maemo.org - meego
coding competition 2011"?

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
yes it would be - but thats not the name of the competition
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
yes it would be - but thats not the name of the competition
Since the competition is for Maemo apps as well as MeeGo apps, can the name of the competition be something like "Maemo/MeeGo Coding Competition 2011"? Wouldn't it also help Maemo developers know they can participate without looking up the rules?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
I agree with SD69's proposal.

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
I agree with SD69's proposal.
me too.

Is someone AGAINST it?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Is renaming the wiki page possible? (the Link? - and think about the links, advertising this page somewhere else at the web)

Who will correct them? What if we miss one? And I don't talk about twitter...

It think this is to much work and effort with to less benefit. And MeeGo is the future. So in the best case all or the most of the brand new and shiny maemo applications should target MeeGo, too. Or the effort to develop them will get lost at some point... with maemo.

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-04-03 at 19:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
I thought renaming it only for the logo..

renaming the whole competition inclusive all links is not possible as Helmuth stated. would be too much effort, too much confusion..

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-04-03 at 19:35.

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia