That is the link, I'm interested in but now I'm waiting for Nokia care here in Thailand to answer my question. Nokia care here is super slow so if they do not answer my question by tomorrow (BKK timeX then I will order it from ebay and ask my cousin's friend to fix it for me.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
converting that to US$ is $192, palco in Alabama can fix it for you for 178 and thats including shipping charges, if you in USA and don't want to do it yourself its better to send it to palco, myself i bought a screen from eBay and fixed it myself costing me total of $125.99
I cracked the screen on my 2day old N9 . My N900 has seen far worse drops. Since you replaced your screen yourself, and bought the replacement off ebay, can you kindly inform how was the quality of the replacement screen. Are there any dead pixels, or other deformities in the glass or any other issues that you saw? I read an article on nokia support that the screens from ebay do not have the conductive backplate that the original replacement screens have. Thanks in advance

Mytrendyphone is OK. I bought a few parts from them in the past.

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Hello,
broke even on my display for 3 days in Italy, but not the gorilla glass layer in LCD. now my n9 was delivered in a nokia center waiting for a quote ... the phone is broken and falling on the floor horizontally despite the protective case. but he fell flat on the table without dropping and I think this is the cause of the rupture. I can not wait for the repair and I bought a new one at 400 € ... so that in a few days ... I hope I'll have 2. once repaired will communicate the cost of repair here in Italy.
Greetings.

Originally Posted by smart View Post
Hello,
broke even on my display for 3 days in Italy, but not the gorilla glass layer in LCD. now my n9 was delivered in a nokia center waiting for a quote ... the phone is broken and falling on the floor horizontally despite the protective case. but he fell flat on the table without dropping and I think this is the cause of the rupture. I can not wait for the repair and I bought a new one at 400 € ... so that in a few days ... I hope I'll have 2. once repaired will communicate the cost of repair here in Italy.
Greetings.
Sorry to hear that your N9 screen cracked. But this phone is like meth addiction ! Glad to hear you will have 2x N9 Let us know how the repair experience goes.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Mytrendyphone is OK. I bought a few parts from them in the past.
Thanks for the link. The screen is a bit expensive around USD 200

quality is not that great, it gets scratched very easily and i see the bleeding black lines on white backgrounds (same as the thread here about display issues), if you want buy from seller named freetrade21 (maybe that's the name) they told me they are stripping the brand new n9s and selling them as parts. so it really is an OEM from them.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
quality is not that great, it gets scratched very easily and i see the bleeding black lines on white backgrounds (same as the thread here about display issues), if you want buy from seller named freetrade21 (maybe that's the name) they told me they are stripping the brand new n9s and selling them as parts. so it really is an OEM from them.
Thanks so much for the tip.

Originally Posted by noipv4 View Post
Sorry to hear that your N9 screen cracked. But this phone is like meth addiction ! Glad to hear you will have 2x N9 Let us know how the repair experience goes.

regards,
it's little brother again, bought at 400 €. (n916gb blak) Monday morning in germany delivered in Italy in the late afternoon yesterday thursday, made ​​in finland, I made ​​an update is available but not the pr 1.2 ... which, however, was possible on the n9 wait for repair .... patience ... I do not know how to find the product code ... I also received the repair estimate from nokia center of my city: 150 € ... have repaired next week, vendors say that there is not much available of spare parts.
I will keep you updated on the pace and quality of repair.
Ciao.

hello,
big brother is back repaired a few minutes, about 10 days to the office for a repair cost of 150 € .... all things considered (model, original spare parts availability, that is not officially for sale in Italy) it seems a good price and an acceptable time.
To keep for a few days my 2 n9, however, prefer to use my first purchase, it is already updated to pr1.2 while the second purchase is a cv switzerland still standing at PR1.1. Maybe in a few days I'll sell it, I have yet to decide whether to keep or give away as a spare car to my family ... to make sure I always have one ready ... hahaha ... I really think that the swipe is almost a drug with many other functions ... in fact I want to use swipe on all phones (not n9) of my friends ... (s2-iphone-htc. .. etc etc. ..) but you can not ... hahaha ...
greetings and congratulations to all the good forum for daily updates.
Hello.

The Following User Says Thank You to smart For This Useful Post: