Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, thanks but no thanks. putting the whole korganizer onto the tablet is even beyond abiword and gnumeric...

i would much prefer a working opensync port, as that should in theory cover just about everyones sync requirements...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
What would you like to sync? There is no good PIM solution on the NIT. If KOrganizer would work, and is themeable in a positive manner so it blends in with the rest of the GTK2 applications you'd have at least one other solution. Potentially, one which does pass the usability tests.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Ya never know... PIM tools may show up in the strangest places...
You keep teasing Texrat. How about at least some sort of timeframe as to when we might start seeing the fruits of these hidden labours ?

Pretty Please...

Zuber

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
What would you like to sync? There is no good PIM solution on the NIT. If KOrganizer would work, and is themeable in a positive manner so it blends in with the rest of the GTK2 applications you'd have at least one other solution. Potentially, one which does pass the usability tests.
i guess it depends on what one define as pim. i find that the GPE tools (outside of its lacking integration with the rest of maemo. i would love for nokia to do something similar to google android there) covers my need nicely...

oh and usability is next to art for me. as long as it works, i dont care how it does so

Last edited by tso; 2008-09-11 at 17:22.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
i guess it depends on what one define as pim. i find that the GPE tools (outside of its lacking integration with the rest of maemo. i would love for nokia to do something similar to google android there) covers my need nicely...

oh and usability is next to art for me. as long as it works, i dont care how it does so
I'm glad you're happy with it, but I am not, and I'm not alone in this regard.

As you said, GPE doesn't integrate well the rest of Maemo. For geeks this is perhaps no problem, but most normal users prefer to have familiarity. The way the user interfaces works is also not user-friendly. This has been discussed before, and I don't want to install GPE right now to provide more in depth arguments.

Also, given Nokia has bought Trolltech and is going to integrate Qt in Maemo I believe more Qt applications and/or development, porting on Qt applications (sometimes, instead of development on GTK2 applications) is something we, as community, are reasonable able to expect.

No offense, but it appears to me GPE is a dead end.

Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
You keep teasing Texrat. How about at least some sort of timeframe as to when we might start seeing the fruits of these hidden labours ?

Pretty Please...

Zuber
Texrat is under NDA and not allowed to speak about these developments.

The next Maemo Summit is held in approx a week in Berlin. You can expect several 'looks in Pandora's Box' on this summit but whether this specific hidden labour will be covered only the Powers That Be know for sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barbados
Wow!! that application has a very nice interface.

Will it also have a month view? ie. Just a Calender showing one month at a time. With icons to indicate which days have a scheduled appointments/tasks?

will it sync to a PC or do I have to have a net connection?

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
No offense, but it appears to me GPE is a dead end.
different people, different tastes...

what worries me about korganizer is that its written for a desktop pc...

Is the application in the screen shot earlier a part of this PIM suite?
http://kontact.kde.org/

Oh Desktop!. That explains why the screen shots show such large desktops.

Are they working on a Maemo edition? Forgive me if this is covered somewhere else.