Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
then the problem is in me and I will take care of it.
from where did you get the aircrack-ng and which version you have?

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Actually /home/opt and /opt are pointing to the same location. That is, it is the same file you just look at it from different links.
I saw the little shortcut arrow but I didnt assume they are the same.

from where did you get the aircrack-ng and which version you have?
1.1-maemo12 from extras repo

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I think I've found small glitch in Cleven's reaver implementation.

Using current command to invoke Cleven, after successful cracking of PIN, reaver x-term window just closes - without giving chance to actually verify found PIN or retrieved WPA PSK.

I've just checked it during real-test on my router, and reaver.db file *doesn't* keep retrieved WPA password (at least, using reaver from repositories, aka latest, compiled by Pali). Retrieved data is shown *only* on x-term window with cracking progress.

reaver have argument "-o" for providing output to file, but it prevents any info from appearing inside opened x-term window, where reaver is "working". Furthermore, using static path for -o, would result in further cracking attempts overwriting former ones.

IMO, it would be good idea to create new directory under /home/user/.cleven/keys, called - for example - wps (/home/user/.cleven/keys/wps). Then, some code in clevenHelper would read reaver's output, and react on "success" pattern, saving it (only relevant part, as whole log would be loooong) as retrieved WPS PIN and WPA PSK, vievable from "keys" tab from Cleven GUI.

What do you think, Saturn?

/Estel
Can you delete the db file and re-run reaver?
you can put the correct pin as an option to make it find it immediately.

Maybe you have an old db structure or something.

PS: As I said I haven't tried it as I don't have the means and time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I think I've found small glitch in Cleven's reaver implementation.

Using current command to invoke Cleven, after successful cracking of PIN, reaver x-term window just closes - without giving chance to actually verify found PIN or retrieved WPA PSK.

I've just checked it during real-test on my router, and reaver.db file *doesn't* keep retrieved WPA password (at least, using reaver from repositories, aka latest, compiled by Pali). Retrieved data is shown *only* on x-term window with cracking progress.

reaver have argument "-o" for providing output to file, but it prevents any info from appearing inside opened x-term window, where reaver is "working". Furthermore, using static path for -o, would result in further cracking attempts overwriting former ones.

IMO, it would be good idea to create new directory under /home/user/.cleven/keys, called - for example - wps (/home/user/.cleven/keys/wps). Then, some code in clevenHelper would read reaver's output, and react on "success" pattern, saving it (only relevant part, as whole log would be loooong) as retrieved WPS PIN and WPA PSK, vievable from "keys" tab from Cleven GUI.

What do you think, Saturn?

/Estel
Yes this would be good.
At the moment I crack WPS with Cleven until the window closes (which means its cracked) then i have to open up a separate Xterminal window outside of Cleven and repeat the Reaver commands manually to finally get the password to stay on screen. Its a 10 second job but annoying

Can you delete the db file and re-run reaver?
you can put the correct pin as an option to make it find it immediately.

Maybe you have an old db structure or something.

PS: As I said I haven't tried it as I don't have the means and time.
I have tried deleting .db, and I'm absolutely sure, that it's not glitch in reaver - .db file just isn't meant for keeping cracked PIN nor retrieved WPA PSK anymore.

Originally Posted by shockingfm View Post
At the moment I crack WPS with Cleven until the window closes (which means its cracked) then i have to open up a separate Xterminal window outside of Cleven and repeat the Reaver commands manually to finally get the password to stay on screen. Its a 10 second job but annoying
This works, because reaver automatically to start to re-try last used PIN (which was correct one). unfortunately, using this approach, many times (approx. 30%) it wrongly guess that last used PIN (correct one) was wrong, and continue to check rest. Then, it gets stuck on 99,99%, trying the same (last possible) PIN over and over.
---

As said in my former comment, the only proper way is to look for certain pattern of stdout from reaver (that indicate success), parse log correctly (to copy only relevant info), and saving it somewhere - just like Cleven do with cracking WEP results.

Here is sample of "success" log (earlier pin attempts cut out):

Code:
[+] Switching wlan0 to channel 6
[+] Restored previous session
[+] Waiting for beacon from E0:69:95:3A:09:93
[+] Associated with E0:69:95:3A:09:93 (ESSID: 539)
[+] Trying pin 12345678
[+] Sending EAPOL START request
[!] WARNING: Receive timeout occurred
[+] Received identity request
[+] Sending identity response
[+] Received M1 message
[+] Sending M2 message
[+] Received M1 message
[+] Sending WSC NACK
[!] WPS transaction failed (code: 0x02), re-trying last pin
[+] Trying pin 10968550
[+] Received identity request
[+] Sending identity response
[+] Received M1 message
[+] Sending M2 message
[+] Received M3 message
[+] Sending M4 message
[+] Received M5 message
[+] Sending M6 message
[+] Received M7 message
[+] Sending WSC NACK
[+] Sending WSC NACK
[+] Pin cracked in 25 seconds
[+] WPS PIN: '12345678'
[+] WPA PSK: 'blablabla_blebleble_27'
[+] AP SSID: 'test1
(this is from output -vv, but -v produce same result from "Pin cracked in xx seconds")

I would do it myself, but I feel I'm not skilled enough - Saturn, if You can parse this output to make Cleven "automagically" save results in "keys" (WPA PSK + WPS PIN), it would be great. Considering possibility to browse results from Cleven GUI, it would be 100% functional integration of reaver into Cleven, as GUi frontend.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
hi...,frnds i tried cleven for WEP key finding and it worked like charm....but When i tried it for WPA....i got .cap files then what should i do????......i clicked on select dictonary option but it seems black so now what to do.....help me...plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

THANX In ADVance.............

No. Just no.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Hello wifi cracking community

Just thought about some other way to crack wifi...
So idea is:

Scan for available networks
Rename your own wifi net with the same name of your surrounding`s one
Hope that they would be less smart and try to connect to your`s AP
Log/Store all their password attempts

So the question is - how to save/log password attempts to your AP ?
Thanks in advance!

How the hell is that even remotely related to Cleven?... Last time I checked, Cleven wasn't mobile hotspot.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Cleven is a GUI for wifi cracking, so here you are probably discussing topics related to wifi cracking. I know it`s not quite the topic for it, but I thought I`d find someone interested in this as well.

And I didn`t mean mobile AP, I meant logger for home AP

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver