Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
So one can assume that shipments will sail next week?
Man, I really can't tell. The text of the "And we're sailing!" blog entry says this about completing your order:

Once you’re done, you will receive an order confirmation email from us. After this, it takes up to 10 business days for us to prepare your order and dispatch it.
Generally speaking, when someone says it may take up to 10 business days to ship an item, it means that in the _worst_ case it will take that long; for most folks, it should take less than 10 days.

And really, if they were actually testing their shipping process, then some tablets should have already been shipped. So, I'm guessing that something else is afoot right now.

I guess the next question is: what do they mean by "order confirmation email"? Has anyone received anything that looks like one of these after completing their order?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Netherlands
Yeah we, or at least I recieved an email saying: Jolla Shop: confirmation for your order #1400000143

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by bertjefred View Post
Yeah we, or at least I recieved an email saying: Jolla Shop: confirmation for your order #1400000143
How long did it take to receive this message from Jolla after you had place your order?

I got mine immediately after I'd finalised the order. Its 10 days from the email on Tuesday next week, so will post any further info then. I'm expecting them to fully use the 10 days for the first batch at least..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Man, I really can't tell. The text of the "And we're sailing!" blog entry says this about completing your order:

Generally speaking, when someone says it may take up to 10 business days to ship an item, it means that in the _worst_ case it will take that long; for most folks, it should take less than 10 days.

And really, if they were actually testing their shipping process, then some tablets should have already been shipped. So, I'm guessing that something else is afoot right now.

I guess the next question is: what do they mean by "order confirmation email"? Has anyone received anything that looks like one of these after completing their order?
Yeah, I also don't get that. If they really need 10 days to ship ~250 Tablets, then well, most of us had to wait at least until Christmas before even most of the Early Sailors got their tablet.
Could it be worse? Yes, of course, but seriously, that shipping takes to long even for Jolla standards.

Hopefully they ship the rest of the tablets faster after they "tested" their shipment process with the first batch.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
We should give Jolla next week to respond in some way in a blog entry or whatever... If this doesn't happen I see the Jolla era as over....

To me its start to look more and more like Jolla is out of cash and can't pay the bills.

I can understand that they can deliver to all customers at the same time but no respond to those who already got the invite sounds really bad.

In all honesty, I doubt any company has ever really been so pressured by an ultimatum issued by a small group of people as such.

And by "as such", I mean in a forum that's mostly third party as this one happens to be and not the official forum.

I won't preach patience as that's up to the individual. But if it's next week, next moment or next month, why can't the assumption be that it's in the name of improving the product?

Sheesh, all of the negativity...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
We should give Jolla next week to respond in some way in a blog entry or whatever... If this doesn't happen I see the Jolla era as over....

To me its start to look more and more like Jolla is out of cash and can't pay the bills.

I can understand that they can deliver to all customers at the same time but no respond to those who already got the invite sounds really bad.

Btw "whole" China has been on vacation this week?

edit: It is Oct. 1 - 7, 2015

Last edited by MisterMaster; 2015-10-02 at 21:44.

Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Btw "whole" China has been on vacation this week?

edit: It is Oct. 1 - 7, 2015
That's mainland China for the most part. We've offices in Hong Kong and they're not affected by China's "Golden Week". But we'll see...

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That's mainland China for the most part. We've offices in Hong Kong and they're not affected by China's "Golden Week". But we'll see...
All the businesses are postponed until 8th OCT. All the factories in SZ shutted down.

After the Chinese get back from holiday, European will start to prepare for Christmas I guess...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund