Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, USA
My experiences recently at Compusa have been covered in lack luster service. How did THE consumer computer become so lame?

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
FWIW, I have found that the salesdroids at ChumpUSa are friendly and smile at you......but otherwise not that much help...

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
At least you guys in the US have the N800 and 770 available on shelves in various stores, and it's there in front of the customer if they pay enough attention.

In the UK, I don't know of any major retail store that is pushing either Internet Tablet. And the UK has got plenty of CompUSA/Frys type stores that could carry it.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I've seen Apple estimates of 8 million to 10 million right out of the chute.

Nope. Pigs will fly first.
I dunno -- 8 to 10 million gullible idiots with too much money. Sounds about right to me...

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
The US version of the iPhone will be a dud in its current configuration. Without 3G it will find no home with the operators here in Europe.

When I went looking for my N800 the first time, No N800 or N770 on display. The sales droid said someone had walked out the store with the demo units.
I said, "I really want one, but I want to touch one before I buy it." He really didn't care and said he could maybe get a box out of inventory to show me. I said no thanks.

I came back a week later and found a different droid. This model was upgraded, because when I said I wanted to touch one, he said hang on a sec.
Someone had returned one to the store, and he pulled it out for me to play with. He wouldn't sell me that one at a discount though
My friend and I came back the next day and we each bought one. Different droids took 30 minutes to pull the things from thier stock, but we got one.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by rickh View Post
That kind of makes my point. Again, if you walk into a Nokia store, they know exactly what they're selling and have no problem demonstrating the product to you (and they'll do it gladly!).

The fact that Fry's or CompUSA don't know what they're selling... how is that really Nokia's problem? I have to imagine that when Fry's/CompUSA ordered these units, they were given some sort of briefing as to what they were capable of. Otherwise, why on earth would they order them in the first place?

R.
==
You make valid points, but the example that ArchiMark gave was a cashier...