Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
$ md5sum DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1*
115d2c128fde67fddb9d802b416d8b0b DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1.NOMAPS_EMMC_NOMAPS.bin
a7008f6764370150d418059f3ba82710 DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin

Originally Posted by MrBlueSky View Post
Flashed NorthernEurope successfully, but now i got the "Warning! You have modified the firmware..."-Message.

Seems there is now no reason not to flash OpenKernel when its available for PR1.2
so what did you do to fix this?

Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
so what did you do to fix this?
Nothing right now, has anyone the same problem?

Originally Posted by MrBlueSky View Post
Nothing right now, has anyone the same problem?
what do you think caused this? I flashed with a different product code, but I didnt change the product code of my N9. is this somehow related?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Well, last night I was finally able to reflash my phone.

I was going to post last night, but it seemed the forum was down? Too much traffic perhaps? Nonetheless...

I was able to flash my (1.1-005) phone to (1.2-001) Which is nice, but of course, the reflash didn't go smoothly for me either.

Now, I completely cleaned the device, so it was only when I ran a backup, that I got a few issues.

One were green "squircles" that used to be my contacts from contactlaunch. Yeah, I had to remove those manually.

Also, my pictures won't load in Gallery (I think that the folders have been moved around? Hopefully someone can figure this out, I can wait for some pictures)

I also cannot install Apps For Meego client, and Home Screen Settings.

They download but fail, everything else has worked so far.

Hopefully they will get updates or some such thing that is preventing their installation, I'm not sure, but I'm keeping my eyes on the forum.

Everything else has gone fine, the phone is very nice and responsive... but those sounds are annoying as hell... I'm gonna have to figure out how to disable those.

EDIT: So, I couldn't install Apps for Meego, also again I assume because of the back up.

I installed Meecatalog, in order to see the repositories I had (I originally did it that way... cause I'm a fool...) Anyway, one of them is the Apps for Meego repository.

So I removed it along with all the extra repositories, restarted, and wouldn't ya know, it installed!

Gonna check Home Screen settings now (Although I never really used that App before, it's a nice temp until N9Qtweak works with 1.2 safely)

Last edited by SolarisSixth; 2012-02-28 at 18:11.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Malvern, PA
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
yes, it seems that we are going to be quite late for the 1.2 party, seeing as we only recently got 1.1. Maybe we can try to use NSS to change the region code?By the way, I am in Delaware. Nice to see another n9 user close by
I'm not familiar with NSS but if anyone can point me in the right direction to the info on how to change the region code I'll give it a shot.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ecuador
I just flashed (Pr1.2 and emmc) the northern europe pr 1.2, everything right now seems perfect, no issues.

Originally Posted by ss29er View Post
I'm not familiar with NSS but if anyone can point me in the right direction to the info on how to change the region code I'll give it a shot.
Google NSS (Nemesis Service Suite)

1.Connect your N9 with the USB cable
2.Now open NSS, scan the new device (click the magnifying glass icon)
3.Choose “phone info" after that select "read"
4.You can now see what your phone product code is.
5.At this moment you must modify the power mode to "local"
6.Your handset will restart in local mode,
7. Tick the product code and write a new product code over there then click the "write" option .
8.Set power mode to normal once more and hit "read"

Done!

The Following User Says Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
Google NSS (Nemesis Service Suite)

1.Connect your N9 with the USB cable
2.Now open NSS, scan the new device (click the magnifying glass icon)
3.Choose “phone info" after that select "read"
4.You can now see what your phone product code is.
5.At this moment you must modify the power mode to "local"
6.Your handset will restart in local mode,
7. Tick the product code and write a new product code over there then click the "write" option .
8.Set power mode to normal once more and hit "read"

Done!
Is this necessary for flashing a GLOBAL for example?
I used to flash my old 5230 to 5235 without changing any product code...

so I've used navi firm long while back but forgot the commands

can someone please be so kind to post the command for a clean install (wipe all data)

there are 2 big files on navifirm: one is 1.1gb (MCU) other is 1.4gb (Content)- what is the difference?