Active Topics

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
* I have an n810 and I love it!!

* I'm interested to see and use the Diablo community SSU on my device and also mer reaching a rc stage

* I'm willing to contribute with my efforts for the above and by creating new applications for the great internet tablet ever, which fell out of vogue with the creator .. my contributions to this great community, are listed below under my signature..

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by derhorst View Post
Luckily a new screen is just 30 Euros.
Where?
I paid 77€ a year and a half ago but after I bought it the screen was out of stock almost everywhere.

^ I've just bought this one:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=250455636338

29.90 Euros, free shipping

Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
maybe we could petition to have http://talk-n800.maemo.org and copy off all the interesting stuff to it and thus not have to do our best to ignore the n900 drivel^Wchatter ?
That's a bit drastic. I wouldn't be interested in creating yet another login account and missing out on MeeGo news. But I certainly share your dislike for noise. I have been dealing with noise this way:

1. Whenever I find a thread I consider worthwhile, I subscribe to it. I view them in the t.m.o. Control Panel.
2. I have subscribed to various subforums (e.g., N810, OS2008, etc.). I check these on RSS and see all the new posts. If I like one, well, see #1.

All this means I can largely ignore "Active Topics". If anyone has other ideas, see this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37261

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
Originally Posted by derhorst View Post
^ I've just bought this one:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=250455636338

29.90 Euros, free shipping
I have an N81, N800, N810 and just got an N900 today

I had an N900 for a month, and found that I couldnt live with just the N900 - too small screen size for ebooks, battery life too less especially on long flights.

My N800 works kind of okay, but some times gives a weird "USB device not found" notification message which pops up every second.

N810, the touch screen was dead, the display would be inconsistent. I opened up and found that the flat ribbon cable connecting to the LCD was the problem. This ribbon cable is so fixed to the LCD, that I dont see a way of replacing just the cable

Would you by any chance, know of a n810 LCD screen? the cheapest I can find is here 139usd

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
Would you by any chance, know of a n810 LCD screen? the cheapest I can find is here 139usd
That's outrageous. For a little bit more you can just buy an n810.

So I have to admit that my n810 or "clunk" as he is named has fallen out of use until recently. He has mostly been pulling alarm clock duty. Don't get me wrong I love the device but with my new job the need for mobile computing has really gone down.

Sorry vabgeo, I don't know where to get cheap N810 screens.

I got my screen today and put it in. Works like a charm. Fired up Arnim's Exult(Ultima VII), niiiiice

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Canada
* I have a N800

* I'm interested to see and use on my device
i took many large size pics. it is pretty slow to open them with the media player. i would to see some app can open big size pics really fast, or there is a way to do it.

another thing is the alternative os. i think debian by qole is close, though i hadn't tried it very much

* I'm willing to contribute with (finish the sentence)

* If (fill in) would happen, I would then be able to do (fill in)
with the help of others and my effort to google internet, I solved some confusions. this is my experience.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ A quiet place.
I have an N800.

I'm interested in the continued maintenance and usage of Maemo Mapper.

I'm willing to contribute with testing (it seems I test Maemo Mapper all the time anyway).

If we could find a way to take maptiles downloaded with gmapcatcher and convert them to mm's native format, I would be able to reliably cache and test maps for upcoming trips.

spread the word to all internet tablet uses-

a petition is being drawn up to take action against wayfinder and company

i have contacted a law firm in the uk who is willing to help

if you support this action add your name to this list

1. yukop4

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810